Who we are / about the team
Founded in 2018 in San Francisco, CA, wisp provides a better way to treat & deal with painfully common issues by providing affordable medication & support - on your time. Nobody knows your body better than you, and with the wisp medical team by your side you can take control of your health and decide when and where to share your story.
We are an early stage team, and are looking for initial hires who are passionate about results, eager to build something amazing, and are excited to have high levels of ownership, accountability, and tenacity to become experts in their domain.
What you’ll do - responsibilities
As our first growth marketing hire, you will own our marketing strategy across all customer acquisition channels, roll up your sleeves to execute effectively, and iterate quickly. You will bring loads of new customers, while obsessing over delivering measurable results. You should have hands-on experience developing, planning, launching, and analyzing customer acquisition campaigns - bonus points if you’ve worked for a consumer brand or subscription business before.
- Own the strategy and execution for Wisp’s customer acquisition, conversion and retention.
- Acquisition: grow the brand and user base at breakneck speed. Own both paid and organic acquisition. Identify and test new acquisition channels (paid and earned) to diversify and scale our customer acquisition program.
- Develop methodologies for allocation and optimization of budgets and bidding to increase sales volume and drive down customer acquisition costs.
- Conversion: understand the mechanics of customer journey, and conversion rates at each step of each flow, and develop tools, processes and campaigns to optimize conversion rates
- Retention: managing churn is one of the most significant KPIs for the company. You will own and optimize this number.
- Marketing: Build multi-channel marketing campaigns together with your team to drive brand sentiment and user growth.
- Partnerships: Identify and negotiate key partnerships to drive growth.
- Business Analysis: Monitor and assess performance of the market, customer base, and product segments, to identify new and existing areas of opportunity.
- Work with and support central product teams to improve tools, offerings to drive growth in new and existing customer segments, channels, etc.
Who you are - skills and experience
You are an entrepreneurial, data-driven marketing leader who is passionate about expanding access to women’s healthcare and building an amazing business. You love all things growth, and get deep satisfaction from setting measurable goals and outperforming them.
- 4-10 years of experience, some of it in a hyper-growth B2C company doing digital marketing and/or business development
- Have owned/managed paid and organic campaigns and budgets for at least two brands
- Strong business background (commercially successful entrepreneurship, management consulting, ibanking, or similar analytical experience)
- Performance marketing and analytics is second nature for you - aka CAC, LTV, AOV, churn, conversion rates, abandoned cart rates, etc. sometimes show up in dreams
- Deep analytical ability to manipulate multiple data sources in order to drive insights that identify trends, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Experienced in driving brand awareness
- Experience in building and leading teams, with willingness to invest in the development of your team to enable them to deliver their KPIs
- Comfort bouncing back-and-forth between strategy and tactics -- you can think big picture but also comfortable getting in the weeds to execute.
Preferred experience - what excites us
- 2-5 years experience on a growth team for a hyper-growth D2C subscription consumer ecommerce brand
- Deep understanding of women’s health, US markets, cultural trends
- Direct impact on improving women’s access to healthcare across the US
- Competitive compensation + equity participation + benefits
- Remote-first working (7 employees spread across 6 cities today)
- Flexible vacation and company holidays
- Collaborative, fast-paced team environment that offers ownership and autonomy working directly alongside CEO and company execs