You know how no one picks up the phone these days?
Or when you call someone and the voicemail says, “Don’t leave me a voicemail. Just text me.”
See, that’s the problem businesses face everyday when trying to reach their leads, customers, and clients.
They’re stuck doing things the old way (calling, voice-mailing, emailing) and getting old school results.
The new way to instantly engage with your leads and customers is with text messaging from real local phone numbers.
That's where Salesmsg comes into the picture...
We believe that having conversations is good for business. The easiest, fastest, and most effective way to create conversations is with SMS text messaging.
Salesmsg is a two-way text messaging platform that helps businesses send and receive SMS text and MMS picture messages online or on the go.
We’ve all heard the saying, “it takes a village to raise a child”, but when it comes to your business, “it takes a team to grow and scale” and that's why we need your help.
// THE POSITION // ---------------------
Salesmsg is a fast-growing business texting SaaS product company in search of a Head of Marketing who’ll lead all our marketing activities from social media, digital campaigns, advertising, and creative projects. Head of Marketing responsibilities include developing plans to help establish our brand, allocating resources to different projects and setting short-term and long-term department goals. If you’re a skilled Marketing strategist, able to inspire your team members, we’d like to meet you.
// OUR CORE VALUES // ---------------------
1. We Figure It Out.
We're a startup. Stuff will break and things will not work as you want them to. You will hit barriers and blocks keeping you from getting done what you said you'd do. You are the type of person that "come hell or high water" will figure it out. This is fun for you.
2. Seek Continuous Improvement.
We pursue GREATNESS. There’s a wealth of knowledge in books, articles, videos, courses, training events, and everywhere you look. Just Google it. If you can’t “figure it out” yourself, trust me, someone else already has for you. We're resourceful and go deep to learn the best strategies.
3. Keep it Real & Conversational.
Seeing things for “how they truly are” gives us power. In fact, we have be real in order to survive and thrive. We have to speak truthfully and honestly because if we don't things go unsaid, animosity stirs, and resentment takes over. It's debilitating for high performance teams to win. Speak truthfully and keep it real. Call it like it is. Provide solutions, not problems.
4. People First Mindset.
As we seek to constantly improve we realize that the best answers to many of the opportunities to grow, products to create, and partnerships to solidify come from our customers. Helping the customer achieve success is our ultimate goal and through that we find new ways to make our product and team better.
5. Be Flexible.
The road is never straight and there will be twists and turns and bumps and stops. We all need to row in the same direction to work together and get things done. Don't make it harder than it has to be. If it takes a few minutes, hook a brother up. Don't battle. We win together, not apart. Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get into what this role will look like for you…
// HOW WE WORK // ---------------------
- We're a Remote First company with a global team of developers, designers, success, sales, and marketing members from around the world.
- Our team is spread across the USA, Europe, and Asia (Florida, Colorado, Wisconsin, Texas, Utah, California, Bosnia Herzegovina, and Belarus)
- We love planning & executing. So each year we get together for a retreat to work backwards to create our Annual Aim, Quarterly Rocks, Monthly Outcomes, Weekly Goals, and Daily Tasks. (It’s not perfect, but it’s good enough for now. You can help improve this too.)
- Work hard and play hard. Life and work doesn't have to be so hard. The environment we created is fun, relaxed, yet backed up by results.
// THE ROLE // ---------------------
At a high level, your role will be to engineer winning marketing campaigns using all types of digital marketing.
As a Leader, as a Coach, and as a Team Player you'll focus on these core activities...
- Monitoring and owning all of our conversion funnels (awareness, acquisition, activation, retention, revenue and referral)
- Managing the marketing team & ensuring all key results and outcomes are met
- Creating the strategy for our marketing plan, which includes building our promotional offers, building and managing our marketing calendar to coincide with key product launches
- Strategizing, creating and managing promotion & marketing calendar
- Furthering development of the marketing and communication plan for the brand
- Liaising with external agencies for performance marketing, PR, etc
And here's some more...
- Managing Salesmsg’s online presence, especially on various social media channels
- Research and lead cross-functional marketing experiments towards measurable outcomes
- Doing things you have no idea how to do (yet), executing and being scrappy when needed
- Develop, execute, and manage marketing strategies that successfully drive top of funnel leads (MQLs)
- Build data-driven marketing campaigns that generate leads and strengthen the Salesmsg brand across different channels
- Execute campaigns from start to finish, driving collaboration with stakeholders and leveraging the right internal processes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns in achieving their stated objectives, including impact on lead generation, LTV and retention
- Craft strategies for all Marketing teams, including Digital, Advertising, Communications and Creative
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department
- Design branding, positioning and pricing strategies
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (like events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- Analyze consumer behavior and determine customer personas
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features)
- Coordinate product and marketing efforts to boost brand awareness
- Define and validate the business positioning, value proposition and branding businesses
- Manage ongoing messaging and communication channels for the companies enterprise customers to keep them informed of products and important company information
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside marketing, PR and communications agencies
- Develop innovative digital media marketing strategies including search engine optimization, video and social media and email marketing campaigns
- Develop marketing collateral and sales tool like presentations and proposals.
// SKILLS // ---------------------
Here’s a taste of some of the things we require for you to be successful in this role...
- 5+ years experience in a B2B SaaS marketing role
Incredible writing skills. You have a knack for crafting interesting copy
- Experience with online marketing, including content marketing, advertising, SEO, and social media
- A track record of building measurable B2B programs and marketing communications efforts that deliver against business goals
- Strong understanding and experience of working within a SAAS based company
- An ability to drive marketing strategy and execute marketing plans
- Experience of implementing a strategy on an international scale
- Experience running successful multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Solid knowledge of web analytics
- Experience with CRM software (HubSpot and others)
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals
// WHO IS THIS FOR? //---------------------
1. You Have High Quality Standards
Quality is everything to you. If it's not pixel perfect, it'll bug you to make it right. If this is you, then you'll work well in here. However, this perfection doesn't stop you from moving fast. You can still break things, yet maintain a high quality of design work as well as output.
2. You’re Inquisitive.
You like to figure out how and why things work. In other words, you’re a lover of product and have a burning need to understand the products nuances so you can speak intelligently about it rather than a word bumbler.
3. You Take Initiative.
You are the type that finds things that need improvement and you take action. Like I mentioned before, “you’ll be wearing lots of hats” so if you’re the type that's waiting for me or someone else to tell you what to do, please don’t apply.
4. You Are Goal & Results Oriented.
Like, you actually set goals and create a plan to achieve them. Not like a new years resolution that feels great for 27 hours then you quit. You set out to produce real results and outcomes that are tied to a big fat hairy audacious goal.
Aka: You get things done and you love the rush of accomplishment.
5. You Enjoy Working Remotely.
To succeed in this position, you’ve been working from home. With COVID and everything happening, you'll need a quiet environment to get focused work done.
6. You’re Hungry To Grow.
It’s true. We’re a fast growing company, but if you’re not interesting in growing, then we can’t serve you. In this growth oriented role, you’ll have the opportunity to grow into a larger role to potentially lead a team. We want to help grow as much as you want the company to grow
So there you have it. Are you a match? Do you want a REAL challenge?
Then, I think you know what to do next.
- Chris, CEO
P.S. We don't have all of the answers.
We're doing the best we can day after day with pure passion to create something meaningful.
If you're okay with bruises, cuts by a thousand knives, and more good days mixed with bad days as we grow and scale "as a team" - then, this might be right for you.