We're looking for a UK based individual who can establish our long-term marketing strategy and hit the ground running with campaigns and capacity building. You'll sit within our senior team and be integral to shaping the future direction of our SaaS business.
You’ll be joining Bookwhen at an exciting time – we’ve seen unprecedented growth driven by the effects of Covid-19 and our trajectory is strong. Up until now, the majority of our growth has been from organic channels and referrals, so the potential of a well-designed marketing strategy is huge. For the right candidate this is a really exciting opportunity to have a big impact on the future growth of a well-proven product.
The Head of Marketing will have a large amount of autonomy with power to affect change quickly and eventually build a team to increase our marketing capacity. We're looking for a confident individual who can build a strategy from first principles to reduce dogmatic thinking and ensure we maximise our efforts. As a small team that work closely, we need someone who understands the importance of collaboration and enjoys teamwork.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing a long-term marketing strategy for Bookwhen, with clearly defined KPIs and acquisition metrics to support.
- Conducting market research and competitor analysis on a regular basis to ensure our strategy and product roadmap maximises our potential.
- Creating and driving content for landing pages using targeted keyword strategy to improve SEO, working alongside our developers to implement.
- Managing PPC campaigns across different platforms across search and social media to maximise ROI and improve performance.
- Planning and executing email marketing campaigns, funnels, and automation.
- Designing, coordinating and actioning promotional campaigns and product announcements.
- Press releases.
- Managing media strategy, content marketing plan and contributing to blog content.
- Eventually building and managing a team to help implement marketing - both internally and externally.
- Collaborating with the product team to improve CRO, funnels, etc.
- Tracking and extracting digital analytics to report and identify areas for improvement.
- Keeping up-to-date with digital developments (search and social) for trend hopping opportunities and adherence to shifting structural and algorithmic procedures.
- Measuring and reporting performance of all digital marketing campaigns against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Experience of developing, managing, and implementing marketing strategies.
- Ability to think strategically and be comfortable informing the direction of our business at a senior level.
- Proven working experience in various aspects of digital marketing and traditional marketing – applying an analytical mindset to ensure ROI.
- An impeccable grasp of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Compelling and persuasive copywriting skills - creating high conversion copy for landing pages, emails, and more.
- Creative writing style with the ability to generate excitement and engagement.
- Experience of working with expert third parties and agencies to help deliver campaigns.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Advertising and social media platforms.
- Strong leadership with the ability to step up and take charge.
- Based permanently in the UK.
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge for copy and technical SEO updates to marketing pages.
- Analytics tools, e.g. Amplitude, Mixpanel.
- SEO Tools (ScreamingFrog, SEMRush).
- PR experience.
- Sales experience.
- Experience using LinkedIn Marketing and App review websites (Capterra, G2, Trustpilot etc.).
- Experience working in a remote team.
Founded in Oxford, UK, we have always been a remote-first business, giving our team full flexibility in their location (within the UK). We aim to meet at least 4 times a year and have a strong emphasis on genuine work-life balance.
You'll be part of a passionate team who go above and beyond to make Bookwhen a successful company and a product people love. We’re customer-centric with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers. With a clear and well-established product-market fit, we see huge opportunity to grow further. Your role will be integral to achieving our goals.
- £50k+ salary
- Mac laptop and a second monitor
- Annual leave - 33 days per year (you decide if you wish to use your leave on bank holidays)
- Working fully remotely
- Pension scheme
- Budget for co-working spaces and home office equipment
- Away days
- Budget for training and conferences