We are a profitable software company that makes SaaS products used by millions of users worldwide.
Awesome Table lets you create a web app from your spreadsheet data without coding skills, in order to make your data look nice, make it usable and actionable, and in the end, drive adoption to the data. Millions of users
are using AwesomeTable in their daily work, and they love it. Thanks to AwesomeTable, our users can finally broadcast and showcase their work without making their audience painfully read through a boring ugly spreadsheet.
Our product values are: customer delight, simplicity and empowerment. AwesomeTable is a “low floor, high ceiling” kind of product: it is usable by everyone, but doesn’t limit the boldest of users. Some people just use pre-made templates, and some of the biggest companies in the world have made sophisticated internal product catalogs with Awesome Table.
Our team is global (we have people based in France, Italy, Serbia, Bulgaria, Russia, US), highly motivated and competent. We are a remote first company: anyone can work fully remotely. We also have offices in Paris and Milan if that’s more your thing.
We are profitable and growing quickly, and looking for new talent that will help us reach new heights. Come shape the future of spreadsheet-driven applications, communication and productivity!
Do you want to shape a great SaaS product that is used and loved by millions of people around the world? Do you want to be a real Head of Product with strategic business responsibilities, not just administering a backlog or herding cats? You’ve knocked at the right door.
We are looking for a highly motivated Head of Product to join our growing team! You will be the Head of Product of Awesome Table. This is not your run-of-the-mill JIRA ticket prioritization job. This is a mini-CEO job, where you’ll need to create a vision, devise the strategy and plan the execution to make it reality. Your goals will be measured in terms of business outcomes.
Working as the Head of Product at Awesome Table is a unique opportunity. We have millions of users and thousands of customers waiting for you to make their lives easier. We have a small team, so you won’t be one of a hundred and your impact will be felt inside and outside the company. You will help drive us in new directions. You’ll help us see things we haven’t seen before, consider things we’ve never considered before, and bring fresh perspective to our team. Brighten us up and put a big smile on our customers’ faces.
The Head of Product will report to the CEO and work closely with the Growth, Engineering, Technical Writing and Support teams.
- Define, shape and execute the best product strategy and roadmap for Awesome Table
- Deeply understand customers and discover future opportunities by talking to them
- Deeply understand how users are using the product from an aggregated perspective by monitoring key metrics
- Put design at the forefront of how we ship software
- Help define, shape and execute the user experience and interface of AwesomeTable to make it as simple and user-friendly as possible without losing its flexibility
- Lead specification and implementation of big new features such as awesome maps, data connectors, static public pages, dynamic spreadsheet-driven web apps
- Experiment with and optimize the pricing model
- Paint the competitive landscape, and figure out how we can win
- Make sure new features are well documented, communicated to users and well described on our various sales assets (website, decks, help center…)
- Report on P&L and usage KPIs
Of course, these are a lot of responsibilities, and you probably won’t do that all at once and we certainly don’t expect you to know everything on the first day. We’ll help you gradually take your role. You’ll start by doing some very concrete design tasks: shaping
a new feature: from discovering functions to mapping scopes to designing product flows, as well as some customer support to get you acquainted with our customers and their daily challenges.
- You’re something of a spreadsheet jedi: you make beautiful, easy-to-understand spreadsheets for all your problems
- You have been a product designer in the past
- You are passionate about building a great product. You have a good sense of what makes a great product, and have great customer empathy
- You work for users and customers primarily. You want to talk to customers. But you’re also deeply analytical and grounded in data.
- You understand that your role is to ask questions, not to give answers
- You have an end-to-end holistic view of things: you’re able to describe a high-level full-stack technical product architecture
- You think in terms of platforms and ecosystems, you understand that a product doesn’t exist in isolation
- You are a great explainer and teacher
- A self starter capable of working autonomously, as well as within a diverse team setting
- A great communicator, excelling at both verbal and written communications
Experience: 8+ years of experience in any role at a software company, preferably a SaaS product many users, with at least a few years of experience as a product designer
- Language: fluent in English, French or Russian is a plus
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
Collaboration: Ability to build effective relationships with colleagues across organizations and functional groups
Project management: you are organized, able to manage multiple projects at the same time, and know how to report progress in a clear and interesting way
Technical abilities: ideally, you’re able to whip up a small fully-functional prototype of a feature or small product by yourself
Benefits (subject to change depending on where you live):
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- Paid vacation
- Lunch vouchers for every worked day (only applicable in France, Italy)
- 50% of public transportation for daily commute covered (only applicable in France)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (only applicable in France, Italy and US)
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you think. To that end, please use your cover letter to share with us your take on the following questions:
- Give us an example of products that you think are particularly well done. Who’s doing an outstanding job out there? And why?
- Tell us about a side-project you launched
- Tell us why you want this job, not just any job
- Send us screenshots of spreadsheets you’ve made that you’re proud of
- We value great writers, so take your time with the application. Stock cover letters won’t do.
Send us your cover letter and resume, plus any public profile or material you feel relevant to the email address indicated on WWR.
We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted to you in writing. If that goes well, we’ll send you a “shaping test”. You’ll then move on to an interview with a current Head of another product, and one final interview with the CTO and CEO.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Awesome Table is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.