Are you an experienced Product Manager who is ready to step up to the role of Head of Product at a fast-growing, profitable EdTech company?
Save My Exams is looking for a Head of Product who cares deeply about education and is excited about the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of students and teachers.
You’ll be the first member of our product team and will work directly with the CEO to lead, grow and define product at Save My Exams.
Who is Save My Exams?
Save My Exams is an online education platform dedicated to helping students achieve better grades. We create high-quality and affordable resources that are used by millions of students, tutors and teachers all over the world to make studying easier and more enjoyable.
We love our users and our users love us. Everything we do at Save My Exams is centred upon improving the learning experience for our users.
That’s why our Facebook reviews average 4.8/5 and our users say things like this:
“In my graduation speech, I’m saying 'thank you to Save My Exams for teaching me the things my teachers didn't!”
As Head of Product and the first member of the product team, you will own the execution of product at Save My Exams and will work directly with the CEO on product strategy and longer-term vision.
The position is full-time.
To love and succeed in this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking the initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion.
- You're an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English, who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe communication is critical and there is no such thing as over-communicating. You choose the right time and the right medium to communicate.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You're passionate about education and are excited to work on tasks that impact millions of students all over the world.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You're a team player who is comfortable collaborating with and managing team members from content, marketing and development.
- You don't take critical feedback personally. You welcome and embrace critical feedback as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You love solving problems and are happy working on tasks of all sizes - from funnel optimisations to new product strategy to building a product team.
- You’re excited to be a key member of a dynamic, remote company solving problems and taking responsibility in areas both inside and outside of product.
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Scope and prioritize projects based on business and customer impact
- Own company-level KPIs including revenue, subscriber growth & NPS
- Identify the critical areas of improvement for the product, based on data, customer research & intuition
- Build & communicate a product roadmap that will drive product and company level KPIs
- Develop a data-informed measurement framework to test the effect of new product features on KPIs
- Hire, manage and lead a world-class product team to deliver continuous product growth & improvement
What we offer / Benefits:
Working for a fast-growing, bootstrapped education company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice.
Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and opportunities.
Here’s what we offer:
Annual salary £55,000 - £75,000 ($70-100k), depending on experience & skills
Cash bonus, depending on performance
- Pension contribution
Remote working: work from your home or wherever you want! We’re UK based but our team is spread out all over the world – UK, Mexico, France, India and more.
Reasonable hours: we don’t expect (or want) you to work more than 40 hours per week.
Control over your time: choose to work where and when you’re most productive.
Independence: High level of ownership & autonomy over your work and decision making
Learning & Growth: We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
Impact: We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a real difference to the lives of millions of students.
- Ability to work with some of the best people in EdTech
- Report directly to the CEO
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks!
Skills & Experience - the must-haves:
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager (or similar)
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product from ideation through to release and optimisation
- Proven analytical & decision-making skills - both data-informed & intuition-informed
- Proactive & tenacious approach to identifying and solving problems
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Organised & competent project manager
- Able to iterate & ship ideas quickly
- Able to keep complex ideas & features simple
- Self-motivated and able to work independently & remotely
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development & web technologies
- Min. 2:1 or equivalent in an undergraduate degree
Skills & Experience - the nice to haves:
- Have worked at a startup with fewer than 15 employees
- Taken a product from £1m to £10m ARR
- Product experience at a B2C, high volume, subscription-based or Edtech business
- Technical/Development experience
- Experience hiring & managing a product/development team
- UI / UX with ability to create wireframes & mockups
- Solid understanding of SEO basics
- Previous remote work experience
- Familiarity with Agile framework
Here’s an overview of our hiring process, so that you know what to expect:
- Application form
- Online interviews
- Test Project
Finally, we’re looking for someone who is able to start by the 30th January 2020.