Hungry Social Media/Content Rockstar & Community Builder Needed!
This is a dream role designed specifically for a high-achieving, savvy social media rockstar who believes there is more to life than getting a job at a mega-corporation or selling your soul to an agency life, just counting the days until retirement (or layoffs…)
Dear Social Media Superstar,
- Are you in high-demand for your skills, but don’t want to be a cog in a wheel at a large company?
- Would you like the opportunity to live and work abroad, but don’t want to come home from a year of “teaching English” and be behind in your career?
- Do you want to be on the forefront of building an amazing community of parents who encourage health and wellness? Backed by a purpose-driven e-commerce brand?
Whether you’re a recent grad who runs a viral Twitter account/blog, a stay at home mom who is amazing at creating TikTok/IG content, OR a creative marketer who can produce creative content…
As long as you can produce interesting, engaging content that drives shares, likes, and comments, all while being a great community builder, we want to speak to you!
But before I tell you more about the opportunity to be a part of a fast growing and scrappy team where your voice matters, I should probably introduce myself.
Who am I?
I’m a Management-Consultant-Turned-Founder of a fast-growing consumer brand.
About 8 years ago, I graduated from Yale University and I was hungry to start a business, but after all my “formal education” I still knew nothing about being an entrepreneur…
So I hustled my way into a job at Bain & Company, where the CEOs of YouTube, Nike, and Amex got started. There I was introduced to the people leading Fortune 100 companies. I was pitching ideas that would require billions of dollars in industries like software, artificial intelligence, and private equity.
I still craved to be an entrepreneur. So after three years, I left to start my own company. I’m building a health/wellness startup that will be the biggest, most trusted brand in a market filled with snake oil. Our vitamins are based on real ingredients and real science.
Early last year, I launched our first product for kids. Within 4 months, I was looking at 7-figure revenue. With 2021, we’re continuing to scale big and looking for A-players who want to take this thing beyond our own imagination!
Opportunity: Work as THE Content Marketing Rockstar for a fast-growing multi-million dollar e-commerce company.
You’ll be our Rockstar that owns our social media strategy and content calendar in order to drive awareness, traffic, engagement and conversion, while working with some of the most successful individuals in the world.
If you’ve got a burning desire to produce amazing content that resonates with people, and this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, here are the…
Skills We’re Looking For: someone who…
- Is hungry to learn about marketing and building. This is the most important factor in your success.
- Has a STRONG portfolio of work (we’re looking to see your breadth of work and get a feel for your design choices), including a few engagement results (likes, comments, and shares!)
- Is able to work independently to develop creative content in an authentic way through relevant social media channels.
- Has always been the “tech person” in their family and feels at home troubleshooting tech issues.
- A polished writer who is comfortable creating content, and editing his or her own work without much oversight.
- Is a finisher. Do you hate leaving projects unfinished? You must love the details of your projects and work dutifully to ensure the user has a positive experience with your product.
- Is a self-starter who won’t take no for an answer.
- An analytical mind who’s been successful in mathematics.
- Has an ability to write so that people can’t help but engage, comment, and share!
- Has a philosophy/strategy behind the choices made when creating content
- Can write editorial content (long-form)
- Has a deep understanding of content marketing world
- Can do SEO & keyword research
Who This is Not For:
- Someone who thinks that learning is over when school is over.
- Someone who is only motivated by a boss telling him or her to work harder.
- Someone who doesn’t believe that how you feel on the inside directly correlates with how you perform in life and business.
We Hire the Best, Regardless of Their Location.
We believe flexibility in where you work leads to better performance and happiness. Performance and attitude is the most important aspect of this job, not clocking hours in the office or water cooler politics.
Want to set up shop at a coworking space in Bali, or put the finishing touches on an email campaign while sipping coffee at a sidewalk café Buenos Aires? Fine with us. As long as you can work on a US timezone, we’re cool with it.
Unlike other jobs, we don’t believe that what you do should dictate where you live.
We’re looking for people who can demonstrate they hold themselves to a higher standard in everything they do, because with great flexibility comes great responsibility.
All this flexibility doesn’t mean we’re not a close-knit team… You’ll be working side-by-side with the CEO (virtually).
You Must Love Marketing:
Peter Drucker, the father of business consulting, made a statement long ago that we follow to this day:
“Business enterprise has two–and only two–basic functions: marketing and innovation. Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs. Marketing is the distinguishing, unique function of the business.”
Marketing, and specifically direct response marketing, is what drives success in every industry, and to be successful here it’s something you must be excited to learn about.
We Hire Characters Not Positions:
We’re a small company with big aspirations, and we work hard (and have a LOT of fun) while making that happen. If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you’re a consistent high-achiever in everything you do in life - then you'll fit in well at our company.
Responsibilities Include (But are not limited to)
- Oversee and execute social media strategies, guidelines, best practices, promotional campaigns and day-to-day activities while optimizing the brand’s presence on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and other relevant social media platforms
- Analyze effective benchmarks for measuring impact of social media efforts in order to determine campaign effectiveness through relevant monitoring tools
- Develop social media copy for both editorial and marketing efforts
- Understand and evolve the voice of our brand
- Interface with agencies and/or contractors that support our social media objectives
- Create and manage blogger outreach program by identifying relevant blogs and engage in social conversation
- Establish and foster relationships with online influencers and secure digital press coverage on health & wellness outlets and blogs
- Stay abreast of key industry trends, competitive insights and emerging social media/marketing/e-commerce technologies and benchmark and research competitor and industry leaders in social media. Constantly explore and evaluate new social platforms, tools, services and vendors and provide recommendations
- Conceptualize and lead the implementation of compelling content and programs across various social platforms that engages and communicates effectively with our audience
- Establish and execute strategic social strategies and campaigns for new product launches and brand partnerships
HOW TO APPLY
No exceptions - in order to apply please provide the following.
Write a COVER LETTER addressing the following questions
- Why do you think you'd be the “Social Media Rockstar” we’re looking for? Describe why you’re a consistent high-achiever. Give SPECIFIC examples of past achievements and/or accolades related to your successes. (TIP) If you literally only had 30 seconds with me in an elevator, what would you say is your biggest accomplishment?
- What are the last three books you've read?
- What do you do for fun?
- Explain what you're doing now for work and why you’re looking elsewhere.
- To ensure your attention to detail, please include the words “Pink Cadillac” in the first paragraph of your cover letter.
Create ONE document (Word or PDF) that contains both your custom cover letter, your resume, and your PORTFOLIO. Cover letter first, highlighting your most viral creation and how you measure virality. Resume second
Click the “Apply Now” button on this page or send an email to email@example.com.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org