Kuali builds software solutions for higher education. We help our customers — colleges & universities — focus on providing a fantastic education to students by decreasing their administrative costs. We work in a competitive space, ripe for innovation, with users ready to be delighted.
- Iterate to evolve
- Cultivate openness
- Assume the best
- Practice humility
- Deliver amazing experiences
- Make mistakes
At Kuali we learn from and teach each other, we practice transparency and empathy, and we delight in delivering value to our customers.
We work remotely, and have for years. Distributed work is in our bones, with a history of institutions working across state lines on open-source software for more than ten years. Our employees each work in the environment where they’re happiest, from Pennsylvania to Hawaii. We work consciously to create a collaborative and healthy remote work culture, and we travel to meet in person a few times each year.
Everyone should love their work.
You will be part of the Kuali Financials team, working closely with Customer Success colleagues, who are focussed on helping customers get the most value from their investment in our software, and the team-members who design and build our products. Customers use our Financials product to efficiently and effectively manage the complex accounting needs of higher education.
We’re looking for curious, enthusiastic, empathetic engineers to solve problems, execute on ideas, advocate for the customer, and contribute to a team culture built on trust and mutual respect. As a customer success engineer here, you’ll contribute to our goal of delighting the people who use our software. You’ll do this by working closely with new customers to help them learn the technical ins and outs of building integrations with Kuali Financials and migrating their existing data into the system. You’ll build lasting relationships with these clients and be there to assist them as their use of our systems changes and grows.Kuali Financials is built using Java, React and Go. We believe that great developers can always learn new tools. Above any specific tech stack, we’re looking for versatile developers — those who know when to think big and when to act small, and who are comfortable in both greenfield and refactoring projects.We believe the best products are created by teams who represent a broad range of ideas and perspectives. We value employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences.You...
- Have 3+ years experience building or implementing software or web applications with object-oriented or functional programming languages.
- Are ready to work on migrating data from legacy systems and provide an excellent support experience to our customers.
- Have some experience with infrastructure and AWS Services.
- Are interested in using your people skills to work directly with customers to help them understand complex technical requirements and concepts while being proactive and sensitive to their needs.
We’d be delighted if you bring experience with:
- Developing integrations with enterprise systems.
- Executing complex data migrations from varied source systems.
- Establishing trust-based relationships with executives, faculty, and staff members of customer organizations.
Other things you should know:
- You’ll have the opportunity to travel. The travel requirement could be 35%.
- We are a remote division of the company. You’d be expected to have a suitable home working environment or alternative.
- Top-of-the-line equipment of your choice to get your job done
- A truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Maternity/Parental leave
- All the paid time off you need (just work it out with your manager)
- Allowance for continuing education, conferences, and/or training
- Space to work on self-driven projects during quarterly “hack weeks”
- Employee resource groups and community events