WANTED: Inside Sales Director, Phone (REMOTE)
- Are you a highly skilled and customer-centric sales leader with a proven phone sales track record?
- Are you looking for a company with real personal growth opportunity? Tired of jumping around?
- Looking for a place where you’ll actually be recognized and rewarded for your contribution as an inside sales director?
- Want to work as part of an ALL-STAR team that’s making a real difference in the world?
- Want a genuine virtual position where you can work from home as an EMPLOYEE with GREAT BENEFITS?!
Look… I know you’re busy and we all know there are tons of boring and repetitive job postings lacking transparency out there, so I’ll just dive right on in here…
I have a RARE and EXCITING opportunity here for the right person…
My name is Ryan Withrow, and I am the key strategist of Telemarketing here at The Healthy Back Institute. We help people live without pain, naturally and safely. MILLIONS of people, literally all over the world. We do this via cutting-edge educational information, breakthrough products and by providing truly loving care and service to our customers. That’s right, we don’t want to hire anyone unless they have genuine care for our customers. Period.
Right now, we are growing FAST with our strong team. In fact, we’ve grown every year since we started in 2003. Now I need a truly unique individual to help explode our growth even faster. I’m talking about a true department manager with incredible talent who can also fulfill the obligations of a department director. That’s why I’m only looking to fill this Telemarketing Manager / Director position with someone who matches true all-star talent with a complete skill set.
Here’s a summary of the role…
The Telemarketing Director position will focus on driving profitable sales growth through our modern virtual work from home contact center while creating an incredible customer experience.
You will partner and collaborate with other leadership teams to ensure all actions and implementations are congruent with overall company culture, goals and objectives. You will execute a customer-centric strategy connected across multiple phone channels and for driving results through departmental KPIs. And you will use a hands-on approach to lead and implement new programs to optimize the customer experience and grow the department’s sales figures.
The role requires a strong combination of people management, project management, operations management and campaign management. You will “own” or be responsible for everything having to do with the telemarketing sales of our products, recruiting and hiring, operational and financial data analysis, team management, coaching, customer satisfaction, process optimization… and more.
You must be able to get things done through others as well as execute on your own. So the role is a mix of directing, managing and executing. You can’t be afraid to get your hands dirty!
Since the role will be virtual, you should be able to prove you have produced consistent, excellent results while working remote for an extended period in the past.
A small amount of travel for executive team meetings, our annual company retreat and other relevant seminars, events, etc will be required. All travel is paid for by the company.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Drive increased sales and work with agents and supervisors of all three existing sales teams (inbound, retention, and outbound).
- Analyze, prepare, and report all financial department data with an extreme focus on solution engineering to optimize agent, departmental and company performance.
- Communicate, collaborate and partner effectively at all levels of the organization from the executive team and operations leadership to the hourly workforce while exhibiting executive presence in all channels and interactions.
- Own the daily operations of the telemarketing teams as the leading point of contact for the CEO and leadership team, proactively providing insight and recommendations as needed; first responder to priority issues.
- Collaborate with the operations team to review people, processes and technologies to maximize experience, efficiencies and effectiveness in all channels employing modern strategies and innovations.
- Lead the culture of ongoing development by example; work collaboratively and side-by-side with other leaders in the organization to bring to life a leadership model that drives improved performance.
- Identify and prioritize areas needing attention or improvement in our sales processes and/or customer experience and develop sound action plans to make improvements happen.
- Exhibit a passion to build and create growth and operation strategies to ensure a seamless customer-centric journey and deliver world-class customer experiences while driving growth and managing sales channels.
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST…
- 5+ years - Telemarketing Sales Experience
- 1+ year(s) - Telemarketing Sales Supervisor
- 4+ years - Telemarketing Sales Manager
- Both Virtual (Must have) and In Office (Must have)
- 1+ years - Telemarketing Director (Required)
- Experience working for a direct response company
- Proven track record of increasing sales KPIs and growing team members
- Possess a willingness and desire for personal growth and improvement
- Must have an INCREDIBLE customer-centric focus
- Excellent analytical skills (analysis of both performance data and operational data, agent deliverables, campaign performance)
- Data analysis visual aid creation (Google Docs / Microsoft Excel / Access / SQL, v-lookups, pivot tables, complex formulas, etc)
- Project management - ability to manage multiple projects with different resources, priorities and timelines
- Management and optimization of people and teams
- Management and optimization of telemarketing operations
- Working with technology/platforms as well as tech teams regularly (must be a solutions engineer)
- Ability to work independently without significant supervision
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in nutritional supplement or other health related business
DO THESE TRAITS DESCRIBE YOU?
- Top-Down Thinking - understands the total vision and what levers to pull
- Driven - determined to be successful and meet or exceed goals
- Optimizer - a knack and love of making things better
- Strategic - Has vision and can create well thought out plans
- Analytical - Can easily identify trends, patterns, problems and create solutions
- Organized - Able to manage multiple projects on time and on budget
- Productive - Is stellar at managing time and understanding the 80/20 of efforts
- Detail oriented - Thrives on the details, data, and digging into it when needed
- Great communicator - Superior written and verbal communication
- High energy & drive – Relentless, passionate, self-starter, super determined
- Responsible - Thrives on accountability and ownership on tasks, projects, etc.
- Resourceful - Easily finds ways to CRUSH bottlenecks and implements fast
- Team player – Collaborates well, loves to see the TEAM win
- Teacher - Leads and educates a team to better themselves regularly
- Humorous - Enjoys having fun doing what they love with us
- Change junkie - Thrives on changes in the workplace
- Approachable - Easily hears and listens to others’ feedback, requests, etc.
- Leans in to friction - Able to have the hardest of required conversations and deal with them as a true leader in the organization
Yes, I know, it’s a long list and you likely don’t meet all of these criteria… as I said at the start of this letter, I really am looking for that rare gem, an unusual combination to find…
But, if you are that rare unicorn and you meet all of the above criteria, I definitely want to hear from you… please fill out the online application ASAP…
And if you don’t possess them all, but are damn close (I’m talking over 90%), then please apply and WOW me with your answers to the questions… because I’d love to learn more about you and see if we think it’s a mutual match.
NOW IT’S DECISION TIME...
If this job posting has scared you, offended you or annoyed you in any way, then we know this is not for you and I appreciate you checking this opportunity out and I wish you the best. Remember, we need someone with great skills in both the Management of the department and the ability to Direct the department.
If, however, you love my honesty, openness, sense of humor and are a true super-star performer and are up for a fun, challenging and rewarding opportunity, I would love to hear from you.
IMPORTANT... BEFORE YOU APPLY:
If you do not meet the criteria as outlined above, please don’t waste your time or ours by filling out the application. We hate wasting time… and I bet you don’t like to, either… so please, only apply if you seriously feel this role is one you are very interested in, you feel you are a great match, and you meet all (or 90%) of the criteria outlined above.
Here’s a little more about why you might want to join us…
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Work life balance / flexible schedule
- Remote / virtual work from home position
- Above average compensation
- Performance based bonuses
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- Paid vacation and time off (PTO)
- Paid travel
- Annual team retreat in exotic location
- Paid continuing education
- Discount on HBI products
- True rock-star, family-like team
7 Reasons You’ll Love Working Here
We've been in business since 2003 and have gone through many of the "rough patches" already. We are now a very strong and healthy company and aren't going anywhere for a very long time. In 2011 we were awarded a spot in the Inc 500/5000 coming in at #595.
Unlike most companies that want to keep your pay as low as they can, we do the opposite! Our goal is to pay you as much as we possibly can because when we do, we know that means you are creating tremendous value for our customers and our business. We only want A-level superstars so we offer above average compensation as well as company and performance-based bonuses.
Location doesn't matter to us. I don't care if you're working on the beach, your kitchen, or in your backyard. As long as you have fast, reliable internet and a quiet, distraction free working space that will do just fine.
We believe that all people deserve to be free... free to make their own choices... free to create their own success... and we strive to create a work environment that not only allows but empowers you to be creative and take risks (well thought out of course).
No company politics or popularity contests. We are a team of "producers"... people who are results oriented and believe that each person should be responsible for themselves.
#5. Great People
You'd be joining an existing team of superstars, many of whom have been with the company for years. There is virtually no “drama” within the team like most companies have. Everyone here is fun, passionate, great at what they do, and willing to help out. If you're that kind of person – you'll fit in perfectly.
#6. Training and Education
We invest heavily in our knowledge and skills. As part of our team you'll have access to an enormous library of "how to" and "self improvement" books and courses and we also reimburse our team when they invest in continued education.
We are growing at warp speed and have continued to increase profits year after year. This growth also means growth for you... in knowledge, skills, relationships and income.
The Healthy Back Institute is a fast growing publishing and consumer health products company and our mission is to help people live without pain, safely and naturally.
We are not a “start up.” We’ve been in business for 17 years and have nearly 2 million customers in more than 120 countries around the world. We are stable, profitable and have no outside investors.
Our company headquarters is located in the greatest and fastest growing city in America; Austin, TX.
Want to read more about us? Here is a link to our Glassdoor reviews!
“We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”