Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
We are seeking exceptional candidates who possess a blend of technical and customer-facing skills to successfully support the deployments of Amazon Robotics Software stack for new building launches. This job will require a unique combination of flexibility, troubleshooting, creativity, leadership skills, collaboration, and drive. As part of this highly visible team candidates have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with multiple Amazon teams ensuring successful deployments to each building launch.
In this role, you will apply technical and functional subject matter expertise to resolve complex and critical configuration issues, develop integration processes and tools and drive new product integration. Successful candidates will possess strong problem solving, customer obsession, strong ownership, process design, leadership, technical learning capabilities, ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision. This role requires a strong passion for cutting edge technology and a desire to drive long-term improvements through collaboration many teams including Engineering and Operations teams.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field and 2+ years’ experience supporting the integration and test of software and hardware or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field and 0-2 years’ experience supporting the integration and test of software and hardware
· Strong Technical problem-solving and analytical skills
· Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
· Proven ability to lead complex technical discussions with a variety of groups, including Software and Systems Engineering, Operations, and Senior Management
· Knowledge and/or working experience with Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu)
· Knowledge and/or working experience deploying software stacks of a high availability system
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify root cause, drive improvements, and preventive measures
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
· Demonstrated ability to document standard operating process and deploying/troubleshooting guides
· Knowledge and/or working experience with Relational Database Management Systems (MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, etc.)
· Knowledge and/or working experience with networking and Product IT
· Knowledge and/or working experience with JSON / Python scripting
· Familiarity with AWS, S3, E2C or other cloud technologies