Bridging the gap between hospital and home. That is our job at Locus Health.
Our technology platform enables children who are getting treatment in a hospital to return home sooner. Our apps and services allow clinicians to monitor patients remotely. Clinicians can communicate with their young patients while ensuring their safety and comfort, as well as the family’s peace of mind. Locus creates a meaningful connection between patients and their clinical care teams. We partner with health systems to make care management at home an affordable reality.
We are mission-driven team with the goal of improving care through the use of our technology and have been featured by Apple Healthcare. Our team places great emphasis on delivering a robust and impactful mobile experience for patients and clinicians. In this role, you will have an opportunity to develop and maintain new features for our iOS applications written in Swift. Our office is based in Charlottesville, VA and this position is open to remote and local candidates.
- Develop, maintain and optimize iOS (iPad/iPhone) applications by writing clear and well-tested feature code
- Work with team members to implement and design iterative improvements, helping to refine scope and requirements
- Solve complex problems through your commitment to learning and exploring the unfamiliar
- Ensure our high standard for code quality by implementing unit tests and automated regression tests, collaborating with quality assurance team members, and making thoughtful architectural choices
- Proactively identify technical and user experience issues to continuously improve the patient and clinician experience
- Stay current on iOS frameworks, new technologies, best practices, app trends, and Apple guidelines for user experience and App Store approval
Skills & Experience
- Strong experience with Swift for iOS development
- Proficiency with Git and related workflows
- Highly professional with great organizational skills and ability to deliver quality work on time
- Self-starter who can work independently to implement well-defined features
- Have made significant contributions to a published application in the App Store
- Demonstrable experience with iOS frameworks (Foundation, UIKit, Core Data, WebKit)
- Proven experience consuming web services (APIs) to implement connected iOS application features
- Understanding of security best practices for iOS applications
- Knowledge of iOS unit testing and user interface testing
- Understanding of the healthcare industry and compliance standards
- Development experience for both iPad and iPhone
- Experience implementing performance optimizations, such as asynchronous operations, threading, and background tasks
- Familiarity with continuous integration / continuous deployment workflows
- Knowledge of common iOS design patterns (MVC, MVP, MVVM, VIPER, Object Oriented Design, Protocol Oriented Design, Dependency Injection)