At Waddle we are pushing the boundaries of lending for small businesses. We started our journey five years ago, building an industry leading product to enable simple, quick and digital access to lending for small businesses. The product enables the customer to finesse their daily cash flow requirements to suit the way they manage their business and works hand and hand with cloud accounting software. Our product was so successful that we now enable other lenders in multiple markets to use the product for their own customers.
We were recently acquired
by the global cloud accounting software company, Xero
, who saw a beautiful connection between our purpose “making it easy for small businesses to access lending” and their purpose “helping small businesses to thrive worldwide”. When these purposes align, we’re not only helping small businesses, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
How you'll make an impact
We are looking for an engineer with good core Java skills to provide bespoke development and support for our UK banking partner who run a white-labelled variant of our working capital product. The day to day work will involve:
- Developing robust, high-quality software that meets the expectations of your product development team’s standards and procedures and meets modern best practices for highly scalable, reliable, maintainable software.
- Troubleshooting production issues and debugging code, analysing the available data and finding the root cause of the problem
- Breaking down complex problems into actionable work, deliver real-world business outcomes and handle changing priorities
How we work
We embrace agile practices and continuous delivery, deploying multiple times a day to our AWS cloud environment. This role will cover a mix of:
- Java/Spring application servers with a modular architecture
- ReactJS front-end using REST/JSON APIs for our lending web application
- C# desktop component for moving client accounting data to our cloud servers for clients that don't use a cloud accounting package
- AWS cloud infrastructure across Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, S3, Lambda etc.
The UK branch is a small satellite remote team that works closely with the product and operations people from our UK banking partner. We use a combination of synchronous and asynchronous communication and tools to collaborate as a single team with our banking partner, which is reflected in our delivery and support processes.
Our head quarters are in Sydney, Australia where we run our own lending book on our own platform which gives us first hand feedback to drive the product development.
How to apply
Drop us an e-mail introducing yourself with your resume or equivalent profile through the Apply button below.