Bitovi helps companies create better web applications.
We have a track record of designing and building high-profile and amazing web applications through our active Consulting practice. Our apps are built with tests, full docs and a deployment process in place. We created the open source tools
powering the applications we build.
Our team is comprised of about 30ish developers and designers located around the US and Canada.. This is a remote, full-time position. Due to travel requirements, at this time we are seeking candidates in the US who are willing and able to travel (once travel resumes after COVID-19). Future travel will average approximately 1 week every 6-8 weeks.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for highly qualified individuals with:
- a good understanding of Computer Science (CS degree, or equivalent knowledge is required)
- 3+ years professional experience developing enterprise applications
- strong communication and interpersonal skills who are comfortable interacting with clients
We welcome diversity and non-traditional paths into the developer profession, and advocate strongly for hiring the right person as opposed to the right combination of tech keywords.
You’ll work with clients to create applications, discussing and designing architectures, reviewing code, and researching new front-end technologies.
You’ll work with other Bitovians, helping us to advance, improve, and evolve our Open Source toolset.
We support the technical growth and development of our employees. We have an open and engaging community of skilled developers with whom you can collaborate and learn with.
A LITTLE BIT MORE:
We welcome individuals who enjoy identifying the hard parts of application development and simplifying them, talking about software architecture, and teaching others. We also want someone who can lead others and be an integral part of a team.
Specifically, the following attributes are major positives:
- Has an eagerness to learn and execute in the “the right way”
- Is open minded about development best practices
- Has some experience with back-end systems and databases
- Some experience contributing to or using open source projects
Bitovians get a slate of great benefits. Bitovi offers:
- Competitive salary and yearly bonuses
- Bi-annual company retreats to places like Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island, Florida
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Health and dental insurance
- LTD and Life Insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
- Working from home with flexible hours
HOW TO APPLY:
Write a resume and a thoughtful introduction (cover letter!) that shows us that you’re the kind of person we’ve described above. Your thoughtful introduction should cover why you are interested in this role, something you recently worked on and are proud of, and a fun fact about yourself. Don't skip this part ! Use the following link to apply.
*Please note that we are not interested in working with Recruiters or Hiring firms at this time.