Oakland, California, United States | Engineering | Full-time | All Remote
Location: U.S. or Europe Remote
At LocusLabs, we are on a mission to democratize and distribute venue maps and location data to any screen and make it easy for anyone to discover and navigate any complex building.
Today, we are a leader in the airline and airport industry. Our current customers include United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, JetBlue, Lufthansa, along with over 30 global airport customers. If you have an airline app on your phone you probably already use our maps. But we aren’t stopping there. There are millions of large buildings all over the world that can benefit from our mapping products.
What You’ll Do
- Build high-performance map products for the web. Our core product features include our proprietary indoor / outdoor map data, point of interest data, search, navigation, API integrations and more used by millions of users.
- Work with other engineers on your team and within the company to imagine, design, and build tools and applications to make our products faster and easier to deploy.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to design features and break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines.
- Build, document and maintain tests, features, and infrastructure.
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements.
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team.
IMPORTANT - In order to be considered for this position, please make sure you read the following:
Include a short paragraph on your application about why you want to work for LocusLabs
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar field.
- Ability to overcome obstacles autonomously, self-motivated, “get it done” attitude.
- You absolutely love crafting amazing web applications and products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. We know everyone says this, but we mean it! We have a distributed team and rely on team members that are well organized and can effectively communicate about their work progress, roadblocks, and dependencies.
Our Hiring Process
- The hiring process will consist of phone interviews, manager interview, drug screening, background check, reference checks, and potential employment assessment.
What We Work With
- AWS - Lambda / S3 / DynamoDB / Aurora / EC2 / and many, many others
- React, Storybook and Figma
- Maps and geographic coordinate systems, mostly in Mapbox
- Computer Vision and SLAM (Simultaneous Localization And Mapping)
- IoT and indoor positioning services
Compensation includes a competitive salary, bonus, and great benefits - 401k, health, dental, vision and more.
LocusLabs is based in Oakland, California and is part of the Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) software group so you will be part of a bigger family that is focused on building the next generation of smart building software.
LocusLabs works entirely remotely; work from where you want.
LocusLabs is based in Oakland CA, so we are mostly interested in candidates working in North American time zones for collaboration purposes. We also have an office in Poland, so if you're within an hour of Poland's time zone that would work too.