Moment is the fastest growing marketplace for creatives. We carry the gear creatives recommend, sell video lessons from the pros, and run photo trips around the world. More than just an online store we also make our own gear from photo and video to work and travel, we’re building lines of products that creatives love.
We are looking for another designer to join our talented product team. In particular a jr designer who can own our packaging efforts. They’ll work on our entire system of packaging and should be able to develop structural packaging, have a strong graphic design sense and be detail driven.
If you are looking to join a passionate product team, this role is for you.
What You’ll Be Working On
Designing packaging. From e-commerce friendly to in-store bundles you’ll focus on making our out of box experience even better. Our work is in constant collaboration within the hardware team - just like minded people working to create the best possible products. We believe that great design requires great engineering, and vice versa. Your general areas of focus will include:
- Working with the team to generate new packaging concepts.
- Reviewing existing packaging with customers and suppliers to make improvements.
- Researching environmentally packaging materials and solutions.
- Prototyping and testing concepts/ideas/experiments.
- Strong collaboration in a team environment with other designers and engineers.
- Working on the branding and all graphics of the packaging and quick start guides.
- Working with our suppliers to manufacture packaging timely and efficiently.
- Tracking issues and improvements across multiple projects.
- Reviewing packaging test standards and making sure we pass them.
- Interfacing with our supply and channel teams to understand packaging requirements.
- Concepting in store experiences as needed to go with the packaging.
- Customer service, because everyone on the team does a few hours per week. And we mean everyone in the company.
You Need These Qualifications
Beyond being passionate about photography or filmmaking we are looking for the following experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or the equivalent in professional experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- 2+ Years of industrial design experience, bonus points for packaging experience.
- Comfortable with physical prototyping.
- Strong skills in 2d design tools bonus for 3d CAD and rendering tools.
- Capable of building detailed tech specs.
- Comfortable working in a team environment and working closely with our suppliers.
- Comfortable with potential Asia travel to work with suppliers.
- Comfortable creating presentations and visualizations for team review.
- A desire to nerd out on problem solving within mobile photography/video
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Compensation And Benefits
The Moment culture is about ownership so the more you take on the more you make. Otherwise, we keep compensation simple...
- A competitive salary.
- Equity in the company.
- Medical insurance or $600 per month to do what you want.
- Flexible Schedule: Work when you want, as long you finish work on time and set teammates up for success.
- Free Moment gear & discounts on our whole store.
- A $500 stipend per year to spend on your own equipment.
- Three company offsites per year.
- Unlimited vacation.
Are you in?