For this role, we are looking for someone who is based in the Asia/Asia Pacific region to work between UTC+6 and UTC+12 timezone.
Fantastic opportunity for a Junior DevOps Jedi to work remotely, helping shape platform architecture at Creative Force, for our flagship products: Award Force and Good Grants. We’re serving thousands of clients globally, millions of users and growing.
We’re 32 people— an international team of 16 nationalities, speaking 15 languages, living in 30 cities across 18 countries. A micro-global business, if you like. We’re a fully remote, distributed, work-from-anywhere team— and believe that remote work is the future for tech companies. The roles at Creative Force are fast-paced, challenging, always changing, and lots of fun! If you’re interested in helping us continue to build a great technology company, then this may just be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
We’re looking for a junior DevOps engineer with a background in Docker and Kubernetes and experience with Amazon Web Services. Together with others in the engineering team, we manage and enhance a well-established cloud infrastructure, widely automated, with a focus on best practices. Our tooling is based on: AWS, Docker and Kubernetes (EKS), GitHub Actions, Slack, Prometheus, Grafana, and ElasticSearch. Our entire stack is completely scalable, fully autonomous, and needs additional personnel to continuously create more advanced features, as well as providing additional support for our engineering and client success teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer whom values diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We want the best person for the job. Is that person you?
- Have 2+ years of experience in designing, building, and maintaining AWS cloud-based infrastructure
- Have production experience on Docker and Kubernetes, as well as AWS services like EC2, EKS, S3, CloudFront, RDS, IAM, etc
- Experience with debugging issues, identifying faults, and enhancing logging of software. As well as creating self-healing, autonomous infrastructure, with monitoring and alerting systems
- Are experienced in designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines and automation tools for any kind of task
- Experience with IT infrastructure and systems security, cloud or network systems management, and business continuity is preferred, but not required
- Experienced in writing code in scripting languages such as Python or Bash
- Works collaboratively across the entire organisation, balancing the needs of various departments with business pragmatism, managing stakeholder expectations and tracking the various work streams into and out of your team
- You’re transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
Experience and capabilities
We’re more passionate about enthusiastic, fast learners, eager to continuously learn and improve skills, with care and a real passion for people and technology than somebody who can tick every one of these boxes. Ideally, you have a mix of many of the following:
- Experience with PHP technology stacks, including Laravel and WordPress
- Used to Git, collaborating with other developers and working with other people’s code
- Knowledge of GitHub Actions, our CI/CD platform
- Have managed auto-scaling applications and architectures