We’re looking for a Junior Developer who's keen to tackle some serious software projects.
Since we set out in 2012, Etch has worked with dozens of Startups and Multinational companies to design and engineer Software. We establish long-term relationships with clients to help them improve and maintain their online services.
Growing: We’re taking on more challenging projects and want to scale-up from a 4 to a 5. None of us play football, but we could finally field a 5-a-side team!
Focused: We only work on about six products a year, which allows us to give projects our full focus and build a stronger understanding of the problem we’re solving.
Distributed: Canterbury (near London) is our hometown, but we’re a distributed team so you can work from anywhere. We arrange quarterly meet-ups to bring everyone together and hang out for a few days.
On our full-stack builds, you’ll be working with Jim, Gav, Josh and Dan to create awesome products used by millions of people.
- Writing component focused SCSS/CSS
- Creating components in React/Angular/Vue
- Writing robust, accessible, maintainable code
- Supporting your work during integration with client dev teams
- Geeking out on performance
- Sweating the details
Projects you’ll be working on from day one...
- A couple of React/Apollo/GraphQL/Fastify full-stack builds
- An Angular component library
- A Vue design system
In a typical day, you’ll be...
- Having virtual watercooler chats on slack
- Building/documenting components
- Talking to clients
- Supporting client dev teams
- Tweaking performance
- Writing articles about your experience/skills
Tools & Services we use...
We know developers like to use the shiniest toys. We try to pick the best tools and services in the business to keep your workflow as slick as possible.
- Webpack setup
- UI Design
- An eye for good UX
- Unit testing
- Integration testing
- Visual regression testing
- Scoping and proposal writing
- A love for BBQ
- Excellent taste in gifs
- Workspace budget (enough for a shiny new MacBook)
- Conference trips and meet-ups
- Summer hours – 4 day weeks in June, July, and August
- 20 days holiday a year (increasing with tenure)
- A week off at Christmas
- Annual bonus
- Paid sabbaticals
- Workplace pension
- Full-time remote working
- Flexible hours
- Position: Junior Front-end Developer.
- Contract: Permanent, Full-time, 40 hours per week.
- Starting salary: £25-35K depending on experience.
- Location: You can work from anywhere, but if you’re a train ride from London, it’s a huge bonus.