About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Yes, you read that right - in this time of Covid-19, Shopify is still hiring. We're definitely open for business, and we're fighting hard to keep hundreds of thousands of other businesses open as well. If that sounds like something you could get behind, keep reading.
We're looking for a Key Account Manager (we call them Fulfillment Merchant Managers) who will focus on fulfillment, logistics, and e-commerce operations. If you’ve led fulfillment & operations for a consumer goods brand, are well-versed in shipping and inventory management, and can use your interpersonal skills to develop strong relationships with merchants utilizing the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN), then we want to hear from you.
This is a remote role, but you must be within the United States or Canada.
This is the sort of thing you'll be responsible for:
- Understanding the merchant, their vision and business as well as their goals and expectations for SFN. You'll manage their SFN account and amplify their experience
- Helping to build strong relationships with merchants and their teams
- Coaching merchants to grow their business by partnering with them on goal development, and providing tailored and structured recommendations to achieve those goals.
- Identifying areas for improvement, including opportunities for product adoption and implementing new SFN features; recommending ways to best utilize SFN’s solutions
- Helping merchants onboard seamlessly to SFN
- Partnering with internal Shopify teams to advocate for merchants’ needs and requests. Think working on technical issues with Shopify's escalated Support teams as an example of this.
- Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of industry trends and how they could apply to the merchants you work with
You'll need to have:
- Experience in a senior operations-type role within a consumer goods or e-commerce brand. You have ideally been on the 'merchant side.'
- Experience in various fulfillment functions (i.e. allocation, order fulfillment, returns processing, inventory management, etc.) You’re no stranger to packing slips, label printing, bin locations, or pallets.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders. Relationship management is your secret weapon when advocating for the merchant.
- Understanding of e-commerce best practices. You'll be the merchant's main point of contact for all big-picture support.
- Knowledge of the e-commerce ecosystem. There are many moving parts and you need to see how they fit together in the best possible way.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a relentless attention to detail.
- Data driven approach to managing operations performance.
- A passion for commerce. Maybe you’ve even built a store for a friend, or run your own business?
It would be truly awesome if you also had:
- A deep understanding of the Shopify platform.
- Experience running your own business. You know what it means to be an entrepreneur and can share your learnings with our merchants.
- Exposure to fulfillment industry trends and requirements (Barcoding, custom packaging, Peak planning, etc)
If you feel excited after reading this, then address your cover letter to Greg and click "Apply Now". We're looking forward to hearing from you!
This posting will close May 8 at noon EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.