OnTheGoSystems is looking for a talented individual to lead one of our projects.
This project is a social platform aimed to connect people in the local area, as well as around the world. Connections are made in real life (*) after attending events that this project will provide.
(*) Once and where the current social restriction will be lifted.
We’re a fully remote company, with more than 95 employees working in over 40 countries around the world.
What you’ll do
You will work with a dynamic team made of smart developers, and the most recent technologies for web and mobile development.
As a product lead, together with the rest of the team and the product owner, you will set the goals and ensure they are met on time.
You will also contribute to the development of the product codebase, by developing features and maintaining the CD/CI.
This project is one of many project developments by OnTheGoSystems: you will have the opportunity to use the most recent technologies for web and mobile development, as well as to share and use the know-how from other teams.
What you need to be successful
This is a 100% remote position. Candidates must be self-motivated, focused and organized to succeed. And there are some important requirements for this role:
- Proven experience developing Web and mobile apps using React JS and React Native with an Apollo-based GraphQL back-end.
- HTML and CSS knowledge even if a bit rusty.
- Know how to create prototypes for development needs.
- Have high organizational skills and be able to prioritize work in a very dynamic pace.
- Be highly communicative and excellent at explaining and clarifying issues, so you need to be very good at written and spoken English.
- A strong sense of ownership. Taking responsibility for your own work is essential. We are not micro-managers.
- Be a self-thinker, not afraid to present new ideas and projects that will help us with efficiency. Be able to understand an idea and to transform it into doable tasks.
- Be open to feedback and self-driven individuals with an attitude of continual learning and development.
- Be patient, able to monitor long term projects that need maintenance.
- Right conditions to be able to work remotely: access to a good computer, fast and reliable internet access, and a good working environment (free of distractions).
- Be based in Europe, or a very similar time zone.
What we offer
- Be part of a team of smart, creative, and like-minded individuals
- Work on exciting, high-impact projects
- Get a full-time and steady position
- Have the freedom to create and implement innovative ideas
- Meet and collaborate with team members across the globe
- A generous home-office setup budget to create or improve your workspace
- A yearly scholarship
- Kindle device and access to our library
- Paid holidays
A few words about us
We’ve been around since 2008. We’ve been profitable from day one and we plan to keep it this way. Our clients are coming from all over the world, so we’re resilient. We are the makers of the popular WordPress plugins WPML and Toolset, which power over a million commercial websites. We’re proud to have an international team from many countries.
Everyone in OnTheGoSystems works remotely. We work in small teams, allow for flexibility, demand responsibility, and reward excellence.
If you think this is the ideal job for you, please apply: