We are working on a notion.so-like team management app. The MVP design is near completion. We are looking for a CTO and full-stack Lead Developer who will oversee all technical aspects, coach the technical team, establish a technological vision and actively lead the company's application development from scratch. You are an experienced and driven full-stack developer, but your primary focus will be the backend (or full-stack, if you prefer), architecture and team coaching (1-2 other developers to start with). Our planned tech stack includes React.js, Node.js, AWS, Elastic Search, PostgreSQL, Docker. This is a long term, fulltime, engagement (30 hrs a week minimum).
- Full Stack development, with focus on node.js backend and API (or fullstack, if you prefer)
- Help us hire the right developers (i.e. assist doing interviews and, tests)
- Tech team management / coaching (1-2 other developers initially)
- Lead the selection of frameworks and educate stakeholders about the pro’s and con’s and develop an evolving architecture that allows us to scale over time.
- Work with the product manager and two UX designers to find issues with the design and consistency in respect to technical implementation and usability in combination.
- Help finding missing user stories and new or improved features for future consideration.
- Give technical feedback and input on the 2 UX designers and 1 Product manager, tester and 1 other (to be hired) developer, i.e. point out issues, missing user stories, etc.
- Help setup and run development, test, and production environments.
- Backend: You have at least 4 years Node.js plus a popular framework like express / hapi / koa /etc
- Frontend: You have at least 3 years of experience with react.
- You have at least 3 years experience as the lead developer for a web app.
- You have been responsible for the deployment and maintenance of both test (CI/CD, unit tests) and production environments.
- You have set up and monitored AWS resources for performance and economy.
- Ideally, you worked on a B2B SaaS app before.
- Database: Experience with AWS RDS Aurora (PostgreSQL) or similar and able to properly design a normalized database using migrations.
- Ability to view problems and solutions from both a higher level and with respect to the architecture. Hence, consistency, holistic thinking paired with analytical problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work in a team and lead a technical team, i.e. in making technical complex decisions.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and reasonably fluent in English.
- We are open to talent from anywhere in the world and your working hours are very flexible. We only require that for at least for 3 days a week, 3 of your working hours overlap the hours of 13:00-19:00 in Germany to facilitate team meetings.
Question? Or apply right away?
If you have any questions about this position, don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org (not: .com).
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com, no motivation letter is required. She will send you some short screening questions to answer, which we will use to select a shortlist of candidates that we will interview. A skill test might be part of the process.