Licensed online sports betting in the USA began in New Jersey in the summer of 2018. Today, 28 states offer legal sports betting with the majority of the remaining states moving to join them, and share in the billions of annual revenue.
At ODDS.com, we are building a platform to power the next generation of sports data tools & content for sports fans. Our focus is to allow users to consume more odds & statistical data in ways that are enjoyable and intuitive. Our team consists of both technology, and sports fans, excited by the opportunity to create innovative products under a global brand.
We are seeking a Lead Full Stack Engineer to join our development team. You are proficient with Python and React.js. You should have expert level experience (~7 years) building modern back-end & front-end systems.
You are comfortable in the lead role and contributing to all aspects of the development process. You will work with a talented team in a highly collaborative environment. You will help plan, design, develop, test, debug, and deploy distributed, highly available applications and services.
- Participate in the definition, development and documentation of software's requirements, objectives, and specifications for each project.
- Participates in the design, development and testing of solutions.
- Analyze incidents and problems related to current processes and implement solutions.
- Design and maintain data quality checks, including code inspections, unit testing, regression testing and documentation.
- Document software architecture and flows.
- Assist in the development of internal policies and procedures (standards, controls and metrics).
- Provide technical leadership across all areas of IT.
Qualifications & Experience
- 6+ years of development experience using Python and relational databases
- Experience with Agile Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience with AWS cloud platform highly preferred.
- Familiarity with ORM libraries
- Extensive hands-on working experience with React, & Express frameworks and libraries such as Express or Async or Lodash or socket etc.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jade, EJS, etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience with front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS
- Strong experience with RESTful APIs & Backend APIs
- Experience with authorization mechanisms, such as JSON, Web Token etc.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirement
- Familiarity with Word Press
- An understanding of technical SEO
- General understanding of major sports
- General understanding of the process of sports betting
- You are a Boston Celtics Fan
- Competitive salary
- Medical & Dental Plan
- Application of new and advanced technologies
- We target mainstream audiences that will directly interact with your project on a daily basis
Our organization is made of self-motivated individuals that take pride in their work and the work of their team. At ODDS.com we encourage continuous personal growth and empower each person to succeed. We believe in creating an enjoyable working environment, as well as time away from that working environment to focus on ourselves.
Job posted 2021-03-09