At Piktochart, we want to help people communicate impactful stories. We do this by building a tool that combines the power of design and storytelling. Building great interfaces play a crucial role in empowering our users to create the communication materials they would not have otherwise been able to. We need to make it easy to get started, yet powerful enough to make everything that’s needed to land our users’ message.
We’re looking for a lead product designer that loves to make complicated things simple. You’ll be building intuitive and elegant experiences for a seamless design editor. You’ll be responsible for taking features throughout the design journey: from ideas to rough sketches, to prototypes, to something engineers can implement, through different iterations. You’ll work with multiple internal teams, including product management, engineering, sales and marketing, and interface closely with customers to solicit feedback and test your designs.
We’re currently working on a totally new version of our platform that tries to reinvent the way professionals tell their stories. You’ll be leading the entire design team, helping them be the best version of themselves, improving our strategy and processes. This isn’t a strictly managerial role, you also will be getting your hands dirty yourself.
If this challenge excites you, please reach out to us. We’re excited to meet you.
- Manage high-level product design strategy while remaining hands-on in design skills
- Oversee a team and gather and synthesize feedback from multiple constituents (users, customers, product managers, sales, engineers) to design new features and interfaces for products.
- Oversee the team members’ development including performance assessment, coaching and feedback; and training.
- Use customer feedback and research findings to recommend and implement updates to the product.
- Constantly re-evaluate and iterate on product interfaces based on feedback and measured performance bottlenecks.
- 5+ years of experience in Product/UX design in a highly technical environment and at least 2 years in a management/leadership role
- Must possess an enjoyment of analytics and curiosity for discovering insights from data
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain using data and customer insights to influence design decisions
- Exceptional cross-functional collaboration skills. You must be comfortable and confident in leading discussions with domain experts at all levels.
- Able to balance customer needs with business goals, market viability and technical feasibility.
- A portfolio that showcases a sophisticated aesthetic with strengths in design systems, and visual storytelling.
- Experience managing, and a passion for developing people and building and leading strong teams.