Retirable is the only digital financial-wellness provider dedicated to helping everyday Americans through their retirement transition.
Somewhere along the way, Personal Finance has become complex, inaccessible, and seemingly something that is only offered to the wealthy. 80% of Americans have never even seen a financial plan! The average American doesn’t have the bank balance that would get them an appointment with a professional, but they’re the ones who need our help the most.
We ensure that every pre-retiree has access to a free financial-plan and deliver accessible, actionable, holistic advice that helps guide the next generation of retirees towards an anxiety-free, independent retirement.
Read some of our writing on the company:
Design at Retirable
Design at Retirable is embedded within a tight-knit and passionate group of designers, product managers, and engineers. We are customer-obsessed and design-led, operating on the following principles:
- Design is always a partner (and often the leader) in strategic thinking and problem-solving.
- Empathy is the key to meeting the unique challenges faced by each of our users, and the basis to the genuine, trusted relationships that we seek to form with them.
- Collaborate and learn (with peers and with customers) through honest, thoughtful, and inclusive communication.
Who you are
We are seeking a talented design leader to shape the best possible experience for our users through our entire consumer-facing journey. You will be a strong voice for our customers, thinking about their experience holistically.
Design has a high degree of both autonomy and responsibility for delivering on our Product goals. We’re looking to you to bring a mix of design, research, and high-level thinking to this role.
You are a leader with a seat at the table and an entrepreneurial spirit. Your design leadership will help us shape our digital products, and also how we think about our Business offering. You enjoy creating rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems and are comfortable using data to make informed design decisions and to test hypotheses.
- Have 5+ years design experience across UI and UX.
- Bring a high level of design craft and dedication to the details — in usability and in human-centric UI elements
- Know your way around Figma, Sketch, or a similar tool and have experience ideating personas, user journeys/flows, wireframes, and storyboards.
- Are intensely focused on creating meaningful, data-driven, user experiences and enjoy connecting with real customers via usability tests and customer interviews.
- Are a concise and clear communicator, and are recognized as a positive collaborator with peers and with cross-functional teams.
- Want to bring your diverse experiences, thoughts, and personality to our passionate team.
- Competitive salaries, flexible vacation policy, and quality medical, dental, and vision plans.
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits.
- Flexible and Remote-friendly culture.
- Leadership opportunities, mentorship, and coaching from an executive team that were early employees at several of NYC’s leading FinTech startups.