We are a software company that makes SaaS products used by millions of users worldwide.
Form Publisher lets you generate documents from Google Docs templates and Google Forms answers, that get directly stored and shared in Google Drive to the people you want. It is on of the top add-ons for Google Forms, and millions of users
use it every day to generate purchase requests, invoices, quotes,...
Our product values are: customer delight, simplicity and empowerment.
Our team is global (we have people based in France, Italy, Serbia, US), highly motivated and competent.
We are profitable and growing quickly, and looking for new talent that will help us reach new heights. Come shape the future of spreadsheet-driven applications, communication and productivity!
Would you like to work on a product with millions of users? Do you like the possibilities offered by new cloud technologies, especially serverless? You’ve knocked at the right door.
We are looking for a highly motivated Lead Engineer to join our growing team! The Lead Engineer is responsible for the development of core parts of the products and for the definition of the features of the future together with the rest of the team. You will join a small passionate team, and will be able to have a high impact. We expect you to help us take our products and our team to the next technical level. We expect you to teach us something we don’t know.
You will report to the CTO and work closely with the Product and Support teams. We had offices in Paris and Milan that might reopen, however the role can be remotely-based anywhere in the EMEA region.
- Taking full responsibility of a product from a software engineering perspective
- Writing technical specifications for and developing new large features, fix bugs
- Contributing to product specification by evaluating the technical difficulty of a project
- Proactively proposing architecture, performance and infrastructure improvements
- Running and directing a small team, from a technical standpoint
- Helping set and maintain a high professional standard
Some examples projects that you could work on:
- Specifying and implementing new workflow features in Form Publisher
- Revamp the UX
- Making our data model evolve to be more flexible and scalable, and make the right database choice for the next stage of our growth
- Designing and implementing the API of a new billing system and pricing model
- Revamping an analytics pipeline
- Evolving the onboarding on our marketing website
- Improving performance and reliability of a specific component
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one. You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers.
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed is a core feature
- Fully capable of designing, owning and running entire systems (new add-on, new billing system, new api)
- Deep, substantial expertise in multiple programming environments, with a particular focus on the front-end
- Capable of executing projects across multiple domains (say an app that needs API backend)
- You can provide material feedback on the work of junior programmers
- You’re a fan of spreadsheets and their programming paradigm
- You have an eye for design
- You’re a team player
Experience: 8+ years as a professional programmer on products, preferably SaaS products with many users.
Cloud: you have experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
Software engineering tools: you’ve worked with Git, Github and Jira, you’re familiar with front-end build tools, benchmarking and profiling tools
Language: fluent in English, French or Italian is a big plus
Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- 20 days of vacation
- Lunch vouchers (for every worked day)
- 50% of public transportation for daily commute covered
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you think. To that end, please use your cover letter to share with us your take on the following questions:
- Show us some code you’ve written that you’re proud of if possible
- Tell us about what you’ve built in the past, what where the tradeoffs, the challenges, and how you made your technology choices
- What’s inspired you lately? Tell us what you’re excited about in programming these days
- What was the last thing you learned?
- We value great writers, so take your time with the application. Keep in mind that we do not equate length with substance, so please keep your cover letter to fewer than 1500 words. Stock cover letters won’t do – tell us why you want this job, not just any job.
We’ll let you know that we’ve received your application and what the next steps are. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. AwesomeTable is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.