We are a software company that makes SaaS products used by millions of users worldwide.
Yet Another Mail Merge (YAMM) enables users to send and track personalized email campaigns from their GMail account, simply using a Spreadsheet to configure their mailing list. It is used and highly rated by millions of users
to empower their day-to-day activities and it fits with many use cases such as sales, recruiting, events.
Awesome Table lets you create a web app from your spreadsheet data without coding skills. It brings your data to life and makes it usable and actionable: ultimately, Awesome Table makes it easy for your audience to engage with your data. Millions of users
use AwesomeTable in their daily work, and they love it. Thanks to AwesomeTable, our users can broadcast their spreadsheets to showcase their work without making their audience read through boring spreadsheets.
Form Publisher lets you generate documents from Google Docs templates and Google Forms answers, that get directly stored and shared in Google Drive to the people you want. Millions of users
use it every day to generate purchase requests, invoices, quotes, and much more.
Our product values are: customer delight, simplicity and empowerment. Our team is global (we have people based in France, Italy, Serbia, Bulgaria, Russia, US), highly motivated and competent. We are a remote first company: anyone can work fully remotely. We also have offices in Paris and Milan if that’s more your thing.
We are profitable and growing quickly, and looking for new talent that will help us reach new heights. Come shape the future of spreadsheet-driven applications, communication and productivity!
Would you like to lead the development of the marketing websites of products that are used and loved by millions of users? Do you like the new possibilities offered by the JAM stack, especially NextJS? You’ve knocked at the right door.
We are looking for a highly motivated Lead Websites Engineer to join our growing team! You will be responsible for the development, performance and maintenance of all our marketing websites. You might notice that we don’t currently have marketing websites. Or rather we do have a very old one
that will let you wonder how we survived until now without proper websites. Well not only did we survive, but we thrived, and new modern websites will help us grow and recruit even more. We are on the cusp of launching our new websites that are built on NextJS.
You will be the expert in static website technology and the first to be dedicated to the websites, so you’ll have a lot of room and will be able to have a high impact. We expect you to help us take our products and our team to the next technical level. We expect you to teach us something we don’t know.
You will report to the CEO and work closely with our Designers, Product Engineers, and the Analytics teams.
Our infrastructure is entirely on the cloud on Google Cloud Platform, and we strive to be as serverless as possible.
- Taking full responsibility for the development of our websites
- Achieving and then maintaining a Lighthouse score of 100 or at least close to that
- You will make sure the websites work in any browser on any device.
- You will ensure to put in place the necessary tooling so that the Marketing team can measure and iterate on the content in rapid fashion
- You will proactively update the tech stack to take advantage of new features coming from underlying frameworks and hosting infrastructure
- You will write beautiful and simple CSS that will be easily maintainable, leveraging the recent new technologies that allow that
- You will help set and maintain a high professional standard, and you will infuse the product team with front-end savviness
Some examples projects that you could work on:
- Improving the Lighthouse score
- Integrating a headless CMS so that we don’t need to commit code to change a simple word
- Modularizing the common parts of our 3 websites so that we don’t have to do 3 times the work
- Integrating a blogging engine
- Migrating our public Zendesk-based help centers to a more modern and scalable stack
- Develop new pages
- Create cool animations and user interactions that will wow our users
- Make it so our websites are accessible and localized as necessary
- Improve the build system and deployment pipeline
- Bonus project: implement dark mode
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one. You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers.
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed is a core feature, especially for a simple static website
- You have an eye for design and conversion funnels
- You know the JAM stack inside-out, especially NextJS. But you’ve been making websites for a long time, so you know where it comes from
- You like writing good CSS, and you’re well versed in its recent novelties such as flexbox
- You’re a team player
Experience: 5+ years as a professional programmer on websites, preferably some with a lot of traffic
Cloud: you have experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
Software engineering tools: you’ve worked with Git, Github and Jira, you’re familiar with front-end build tools, benchmarking and profiling tools
Language: fluent in English, French or Italian is a big plus
Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
Benefits (subject to change depending on where you live):
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you think. To that end, please use your cover letter to share with us your take on the following questions:
- Show us some websites that you’ve coded that you’re proud of
- Tell us why we should still be coding websites now that Webflow exists
- Tell us what you think of TailwindCSS
- What’s inspired you lately? Tell us what you’re excited about in programming these days
- We value great writers, so take your time with the application. Keep in mind that we do not equate length with substance, so please keep your cover letter to fewer than 1000 words. Stock cover letters won’t do – tell us why you want this job, not just any job.
Send us your cover letter and resume, plus any public profile or material you feel relevant to the email address indicated on WWR.
We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted to you in writing. If that goes well, we’ll send you a technical test. You’ll then move on to a more technical interview with a Principal Engineer and one final interview with the CTO and CEO.
We can’t wait to hear from you!