About the job
- Join an early stage SaaS startup
- 6 month contract
- Flexible, remote work
- Negotiable rate
We're a small team based in Melbourne working across the globe, that are passionate about building diverse teams to craft beautiful SaaS products. We're in an exciting phase of development and we're expanding our team to accelerate growth and realize our roadmap goals
Engineering is a core part of what we do at Sizle and we want to build a product-driven culture that helps individuals grow. We continuously improve our processes and the way we do things, aiming to strike a measured balance between getting things done and long term maintainability
- Remote (Sydney/Melbourne time zone is preferred)
- 6-months contract with flexible hourly rate (negotiable based on skill level)
- Contract could be extended to 12-months and beyond.
What you will do
- Work with a a growing team of experienced engineers and designers to build a next-generation web application with a focus on an exceptional user experience.
- Build performant, robust and scalable Serverless-backed micro services.
- Build and implement efficient and reusable design systems.
- Communicate with the team to determine the best solutions to difficult problems.
- Identify and communicate best practices for frontend and backend engineering.
- Work with the founders on startup accelerator initiatives.
What we're looking for
With a motivated, entrepreneurial team with a big vision in place, we're looking for an experienced developer with an appreciation for beautiful and delightful user experience
- Experience building applications using React and working with complex application state management (using context, hooks or frameworks like Redux, MobX)
- Experience with layout and styling using pure CSS3, SASS, Styled-Components.
- Experience in data loading / communicating with servers using GraphQL (experience in Hasura, Prisma is a bonus)
- Experience in Serverless (lambda / cloud function or using Serverless framework)
- Broader generalist knowledge of cloud infrastructure - AWS, GCP
- A strong understanding of backend performance, scalability and security.
- Experience working with a CI/CD workflow.
- Experience in working with authentication service provider like Auth0.
- Experience with AWS Amplify
- Experience with building integration with Stripe or other payment platform.
- Experience working with customer data service provider like Segment / Mixpanel
- A positive, friendly and collaborative attitude
- Experience in workflow automation
- A strong appreciation and understanding of UI and UX fundamentals.
- Familiar with large-scale software delivery
Why join Sizle?
This is an opportunity to join an early technology startup at the start if their journey. We're an agile, small team living across Australia building an international software platform to reimagine document sharing on global scale. We believe in the power of diversity and encourage those from diverse identities, beliefs and abilities to consider applying for this role.
We also offer
- As an early member of Sizle's development team, you will have the opportunity to do challenging and rewarding work that will shape the technical direction of the platform.
- Work from anywhere - 100% remote team
- A family-friendly and flexible working environment
- Diversity of work and technologies to accelerate skill development
- An employee share options plan
- Parental leave
How to apply
Apply via LinkedIn or send your resume to email@example.com