Cinder is a unique player in the staffing industry, putting people at the heart of everything we do. We value our internal employees and those working for us at client sites. We are a proudly community-conscious agency dedicated to humanizing staffing by connecting awesome people, building amazing teams, and developing authentic partnerships.
We are currently seeking a Software Developer to fill a remote role for our client’s dynamic and growing team. This is not a corp-to-corp position.
Our client, based in Huntington, IN (serviced in EST), is a not-for-profit, service-oriented, and highly technical team that releases stories daily. They keep current on all the newest technologies and are looking for people who are passionate to do the same!
This Software Developer will work in a full stack, .NET Core and Angular 2+ environment. This position requires knowledge of .NET and Angular best practices, the ability to assist in leading small development teams, and a desire for continuous learning of up and coming web technology. You will be working in a team environment with members representing Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Product Management and Customer Care in the development of large scale, customer facing SaaS applications.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Developing solutions on a variety of platforms in accordance with business and customer requirements
- Utilizing agile software development practices
- Leading in code reviews and providing direction in support of coding standards and documentation procedures and practices
- Leading analysis and review sessions with teams of cross functional stake holders
- Assisting in the professional development of junior developers
- Assisting lead developers with researching and recommending new technologies
- Current development experience in .NET Core and Angular 2+
- 7+ years of professional experience developing software applications
- 2+ years of professional experience on medium to large projects
- Broad experience with Agile methodologies
- Proven understanding of OO design principals
- Knowledge of cloud hosting services (Amazon, Azure, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science degree in a Computer designated area or related field of study, or commensurate work experience.
- Debugging and critical thinking ability
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong technical skills including expert understanding of software development principles
- Ability to develop software, holding differing roles on multiple projects, with shifting priorities, while meeting personal and team deadlines and goals
- Ability to lead and inspire project team members
- Desire to learn and stay up to date on current web technologies
- This position will handle confidential data, and confidentiality must be maintained
- Ability to work in Eastern Standard Time Zone; daily stand ups start as early as 8:30am EST
Note to our applicants: Our current understanding is that the skills and experience listed here are required in order to be successful in this position. However, if you believe you are a good candidate for this position despite missing some of these skills or experience, please apply anyway and include a cover letter explaining your perspective so that we can fully evaluate your candidacy
Hours: Full-time, normal business hours (EST)
Location: Indiana and surrounding areas/Remote
Contract Length: 1-year assignment
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas.