Hi, thanks for reading about our Onboarding Specialist opportunity! We're glad you're here.
We're Knack, a code-free platform used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest companies — to easily build custom apps, workflows, and databases.
The Onboarding Specialist will be a new part of our Sales team, where you will work with new users to understand their business needs, help them validate whether Knack is right for them, and set them up for future success.
This role needs that rare combination of relationship builder and problem solver—someone that enjoys getting to the root of a customer’s business challenges and then working with them to build a solution.
And did we mention self-motivated and independent? This is a 100% remote role, with a flat culture that gives you the autonomy to define how you can do the best work of your career.
In this role, you will:
- Help potential customers validate that Knack will be an excellent fit for their use case, and be honest when it’s not.
- Work with customers to understand their business requirements and translate them into application recommendations.
- Help prioritize inbound leads based on fit and potential.
- Work with senior sales staff to help sales leads reach success milestones through proof-of-concepts, training, questionnaires, presentations, and more.
- Help get sales leads to that “A-ha” moment with calls, videos, and webinars.
- Develop support materials like tutorials, FAQs, summaries, videos, and more to better assist the sales process.
- Properly document customer goals and capabilities for long term success at Knack.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A natural communicator. You balance professionalism with personality to connect with customers on a personal level.
- An excellent writer. You can distill complex instructions into clear, simple directions.
- A problem solver. You’ve seen enough business challenges to recognize common struggles and how to best translate those into effective online workflows.
- Experience supporting DIY and/or no-code to low-code web platforms such as website builders, project management tools, or platforms based heavily on databases.
- Comfortable with complexity. Knack is a big product that can deliver real value in multiple ways, sometimes with creative approaches. You aren’t afraid to dig deep into a big technical product.
- Technically adept. You don’t need to know code and won’t be programming, but you need enough foundational knowledge to speak confidently about technical subjects like APIs, security, integrations, and the cloud.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging - but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact in the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
Knack makes it easy for anyone to build applications and workflows to make their data useful. Our customers use Knack
to run their processes, departments, or even their entire companies.
We've been growing steadily since 2012 as we’ve built our team, perfected our product, and nailed our product-market fit.
So how are we different?
We’re bootstrapped: we’ve had to build something our customers actually pay for. This changes how you do things.
We’re 100% remote: and have been from the beginning. Every decision we’ve made has been based around optimizing our remote operations.
We’re all a little weird: and we like it that way. We’re more than just chat avatars; we’ve all gotten to know each other, have grown together, and love working with each other.
We enjoy the journey: we’re in this for the long haul. We’re not chasing an exit or the next round of funding. We’re building something we’re proud of and want to keep improving on.
We work out loud: we’re a flat and autonomous culture that demands superb communication, transparency, and consensus.
You can read more about Knack and the team here
.Benefits & Perks
The biggest benefit is our awesome team of Knacksters. We’re a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that above all enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other.
These benefits aren't that bad either:
Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It’s not about separation, it’s about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You’ll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line MacBook
We are also passionate about learning and professional development. We provide multiple learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow:
- Long term growth and learning plans, with regular check-ins to help you level up on what's important to you.
- Have executive-level visibility into how the company is run and performing, including revenue.
- Use an annual allowance to stay on top of your game with training, classes, books, and workshops.
- Attend industry conferences that are meaningful to you.