We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately).
What You Will Be Doing
As an Operations Engineer, you will work at the intersection between the Operations team, who are in daily contact with our customers, and the Engineering team, who plan and execute large scale developments.
On the operations side, you are expected to perform a transversal role, translating customers’ needs into technical specifications and vice versa.
As for engineering, your responsibilities range from extracting concrete information from our databases over resolving issues reported by the operations team up to developing tools in order to scale repeated tasks.
All About You
- You know Python and a bit of Django and you are eager to get better.
- You have an instinct for listening, asking, understanding and communicating.
- You are comfortable querying SQL and NoSQL.
- You get the most out of your time when working in a team.
- Some experience with docker and elasticsearch will help you solve some tasks faster.
- Bash knowledge can convert complicated tasks to one liners.
- You think uncertainty creates opportunity rather than stress.
- You have used AWS and know some of its core components.
- Starting a debugger is the first thing that comes to mind when tackling a bug.
- DRY principles are important to you.
- Refactoring doesn't scare you.
You Can Enjoy
- Full-time job.
- Flexibility on working location and working hours.
- Free Spanish and English classes.
- Flat hierarchy.
- Full autonomy of your duties.
- Becoming part of a diverse and multicultural team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry.
Diverse perspectives drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.