Angela Shae, a social media management agency, is looking for a Photo Curator to join our small team of creatives. You’ll be working directly with the founder to provide our clients with exceptional photo curation services
😎 YOUR ROLE
Our clients take thousands of photographs every month but want to feature only the very best. The most important part of this role is “culling images”, which means curating & selecting the very best few from thousands of images, in a way that creates a beautiful, cohesive Instagram feed. This must be done with our clients’ considerations and preferences in mind, which differ from client-to-client.
Other responsibilities include:
- Communication. To ensure full satisfaction of our clients, we communicate closely with them about their life events, preferences, and other ways we can incorporate their unique life into their social media.
- Research. A beautiful visual story can only be told if we know our clients as intimately as possible. We achieve this by thorough, ongoing research about them.
Teamwork. In order to serve our clients well, all team members, including account managers, copywriters, and image curators must work well together.
Aside from the standard job description, here is what we most value in a candidate:
- Proven work experience in Social Media, Photography, or Art
- Impeccable visual taste
- Exceptional creativity, with a discerning eye
- Ability to distinguish the slightest visual differences between images (including white balance, depth of field, color palettes, etc)
- Obsessive attention to detail
- People & communication skills
- Bonus: a curated portfolio to share with us (Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.)
- Work from anywhere
- Flextime; aside from "required online hours" of 9-11 am Los Angeles Time, work hours are fully flexible (given that the total hours are 40 hours/week)
- Competitive salary based on experience level and your local cost of living considerations
- 20 annual days off, with the ability to make up missed days on weekends