CollegePlannerPro is the market-leading practice management SaaS for independent college consultants. We are seeking a seasoned full stack developer who can support our legacy systems and help us migrate to a new platform.
We are in the process of migrating our successful CRM SaaS product to a new platform. Looking for someone who is well-versed in PHP5 development, MySQL database design, OOP principles, to help us maintain the current version of our application while we transition to a new technical stack. This person needs to be very detail-oriented, seasoned with legacy codebases, familiar with the PHP5 ecosystem (2009-2014 period).
Bonus: Candidate has developed custom CRM functionality (Calendar, Contacts, Scheduling)
The PHP CRM Engineer will report directly to Eyasu Kifle, Senior Engineer, and will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a complex PHP5 CRM application and making bug fixes / enhancements
- Working with other developers and the product team to revamp the CRM using new technologies
- Identifying legacy code issues and safely improving them using best practices
- Improving the database design, performance, and reliability of the codebase
- Understanding an existing CRM SaaS product end to end
- Working within an Agile/Scrum framework to reliably deliver on projects
PHP CRM Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- Able to autonomously learn and organize an existing codebase
- Very organized, detail-oriented and conscientious
- Excellent grasp of web engineering fundamentals
- Refined debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ideally, you have led a transition from server-side applications to client-side SPA + +REST architectures.
- Bonus: Demonstrable experience with CRM applications
- Strong database design experience, familiar with MySQL schema migrations, performance tuning, sharding, scaling
- Strong understanding of web engineering fundamentals
- Understanding of REST JSON APIs, HTTP caching
- Understanding of web security practices, OWASP 10, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with unit testing and E2E testing
- Nice to have:
- Experience with ReactJS, Node.JS, Docker, SCSS and TypeScript
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Familiarity with Docker, AWS load balancing, basic linux sysadmin
We're looking for a candidate able to start in this position full-time during Q1 of 2021. We are a fully remote team.
The application process may include: A brief video interview submission, a code submission or technical phone interview, and a live Zoom interview.