The ideal candidate will have strong Object-Oriented PHP skills with RDBMS (we use PostgreSQL) experience, a background working with open-source frameworks in a team environment, and experience deploying applications on Linux systems.
If you're enthusiastic about software development, and maybe even our “socially responsible” twist, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for a senior dev, but have had luck in the past hiring smart folks with less work experience than would typically be categorized as "senior".
Please apply if you meet the bare minimum requirements below, and please apply if you exceed the requirements below.
- Develop clean and efficient OOP code.
- Write new, and improve existing, functionality within our products.
- Contribute & share developer responsibilities with a team.
- Learn underlying PHP architecture of our software, with guidance of senior developers.
- Use software development best practices, standards, and procedures.
- Assist with testing and QA of new code before software releases.
- Willingness to take direction and learn about our business from management.
- Experience working on sophisticated software implementations,
- Minimum 4 years dev experience, 2 years of PHP Object-Oriented Programming experience. OOP experience on a large site/application is required.
- Diverse knowledge of RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.).
- Experience developing code through multiple Linux lifecycle environments (Development, Staging, Production sites).
- Experience with a version control system (preferably Subversion and/or Git).
- Previous experience working within a development team.
- Great written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Desired but not required
- AWS (ec2, rds, s3, and really really great if you have experience with auto-scaling!)
- An eye for UX.
All that sound good, and are you a motivated software developer and US citizen? If so, hit the Apply button to send an email to us with the following 3 items:
- A brief Personal Statement / Cover Letter
- Your Resume
- Some Code Samples or a repo that shows your knowledge of SQL and OOP dev (ideally PHP)