Create the best branded podcasts on the internet
We are looking for an experienced script writer to join our growing podcast production team to create amazing shows for SaaS brands and high-ticket consultants.
We are not an agency churning out average interview shows. We're creatives making stand-out, narrative podcasts for brands that understand the value of growing a passionate audience of listeners.
Work with the very best writers and producers to make industry-leading podcasts.
About the position
If you have experience researching, writing, and editing stellar scripted content we want to hear from you.
This is a creative position only. The team already consists of content managers, audio editors, admin assistants, marketers etc. So we're not expecting you to manage clients or other team members, we don't need you to touch audio editing software or post a blog to Wordpress.
We simply want you to focus on doing your best work unimpeded, working closely with the founder and production team.
You'll be researching topics, industries, and guests to plan episodes and prep interviewers. Then reading through transcripts of interviews to develop a narrative, story arch, and script, and writing show notes and blog posts to accompany the episodes.
This is a part-time, ongoing freelance position reporting to the content manager, paid per episode written.
The perfect podcast writer for Lower Street...
- is a podcast fanatic. You listen to a ridiculous number of shows, some of which are business, tech, or marketing related.
- loves learning and digging into new subjects and industries.
- knows how to write compelling copy as well as a great story.
- welcomes feedback and is continually improving.
- knows what good podcasts sound like and how to help the client, show host or interviewer improve their delivery or interviewing style.
- understands the editing process and how pacing, sound design/music, and structure can affect the impact of their writing.
- is excited to make the best podcasts on the internet.
- 2+ years experience writing scripted content
- 2+ years experience writing content for brands
- You're an amazing storyteller and creative writer
- You're an excellent communicator and work well in a team
- You can work to tight deadlines so that shows never miss schedule
- You have at least a basic understanding of how podcasting can fit into a brand's content strategy
About Lower Street
We partner with brands to create amazing podcast content.
We're a small, fully remote boutique agency serving global clients. With a UK HQ, our team is spread over the world.
You'll be working directly with the founder and our production team to create some of the best branded podcasts out there.
How to apply
Sound good to you? Get in touch.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the phrase "script writer application" in the title along with 1-3 examples of your best work (scripted content only please - can be a podcast or video) and a brief cover letter explaining why you're interested in the position.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)