At Generate Impact, we exist to empower the benevolence creators of the world through great people, frictionless processes and innovative technology.
And through the humanitarian, social impact, sustainability and for-profit-for-good organizations and causes we support, we truly believe we’re changing the world.
We’re seeking people who are passionate about helping others and share the same values as us - Prioritizing People, Embracing Ownership, Practicing Humility, Thinking Practically, and Promoting Innovation. We want team members who look at their jobs as a way to make a difference in the world. We’re headquartered in Harrisonburg, Virginia and have a mix of local and remote talent.
A PowerApps Developer at Generate Impact will be responsible for core development, analysis, and maintenance work across the Microsoft Power Platform as a service suite, building custom business apps, re-writing and re-engineering custom legacy applications to PowerApps solutions that meet the needs of Generate Impact clients. They will also need to be aware of and adept at applying knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients. In this role, you can expect to work independently and with a larger team, put your analytical and creative thinking to use finding innovative solutions to complex customer problems and use best practices to optimize and improve existing solutions utilized on an enterprise level. In most cases your responsibilities will include working with multiple teams, clients, analysts, and subject matter experts. As part of the team, you’ll design, develop, implement, and maintain all solutions and communicate your progress to stakeholders and/or project managers. Functional skills include cross platform knowledge, documentation, automation, stakeholder analysis, requirements gathering, and effective communication among different teams.
This position is full-time, and is eligible for benefits.
This position is classified as exempt according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Reports To: The PowerApps Developer will report to the Director of Platform Tech.
What you get to do:
- Daily activities will include the development of functional components including pages, processes and custom UI in PowerApps
- Function as an integral part of the development team, actively contributing towards the development of our and our clients’ tools, services and platforms
- Understand project and development plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines
- Assist in technical decisions and provide expert advice and experience with technologies
- Provide support as a technical resource in a project when needed
- Present new technologies to other team members
- Support debugging/rework efforts
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
- Work with business sponsors to understand and gather reporting requirements carrying these requirements end-to-end to quality, fit-for-purpose solutions
- Challenge current state and influence strategic change
We’re Looking for:
- One year of PowerApps specific development experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Power Platform and M365 or Dynamics integration.
- Experience working with enterprise systems and data
- Experience with the Agile methodology
- Demonstrated experience with version control systems, such as git / GitHub
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow a well-defined development process
- Demonstrated experience with building and supporting software for use in live production environments
- Understanding of best practices for application security
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and learn quickly and independently
- Good communication skills are essential; need to be able to work in a cross-disciplinary, distributed team
- Experience in assessing and migrating business processes to PowerApps and Power Automate
- Knowledge of Power Platform environments, governance and management of Power Platform admin center
It would be great if you:
- Are a Certified PowerApps Developer (Reactive, Web, Mobile, etc.), or willing to become certified.
- Have experience with SQL development (T-SQL)
- Are knowledgeable about Dataverse, Common Data Model, and Solutions Accelerators.
- Have additional web development experience.
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Extended Medical Leave, Paid Holidays, 401K Plan