We’re a digital-product agency proudly headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, but our team spans across the country. Our mission is to rapidly unlock value for good people with meaningful ideas.
In addition to only choosing the best group of people to work around, we are also very picky about the types of clients we’ll work with. In line with our mission, we partner with forward-thinking corporate pioneers and innovators to revolutionize their organizations from the inside out, and bring impactful products to life. This translates to a diverse range of products like transforming retail with Adidas, helping Lexmark innovate cross-industry, streamlining the sales process with Big Ass Fans, to multi-platform mobile apps for large audiences with Crossroads Church.
We hire great, trustworthy people so we can optimize for a free & flexible culture: flexible hours, unlimited vacation, remote work, and working on stuff you’re excited about. Turns out, when you’ve got a dedicated team that takes pride in their work, you don’t have to worry about how much time they’re spending in the office.
The ideal candidate for this opening is someone that has a strong passion for interaction design, visual design and prototyping. Designers who thrive at Differential place equal emphasis between form and function. They’re highly strategic, multi-skilled, and bring a deep understanding in moving our product process forward. We believe in prototyping early and often. We engage in design thinking as a team and cross functionality among product managers, engineers and with our client partners. Our process aims to create original digital products and services that innovate and reshape companies.
Above all, we are focused on finding someone that we love to work with. Culture to us isn’t a ping pong table in the breakroom or some words we put up on the wall. It’s embedded in our DNA and starts with our hiring process. Regardless of your prior experience, we want to consider passionate people for this position.
What you can expect to do:
- Work on cross-functional product teams focused on great digital products.
- Work iteratively and collaboratively on design thinking, design sprints, concepting, user flows, visual design and prototypes.
- Make a positive impact on the culture of our design team. We’re a growing team!
What we’re after:
- Passion for the whole product process. We know you will have your specific areas of focus, but we find those that are passionate about the bigger picture collaborate best with our cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to rely on an iterative process to maintain momentum on projects. In other words - our work is never going to be perfect, and we expect you to be able to prioritize what matters most now so we can consistently and efficiently iterate.
- Familiarity with design and prototype tools. We use Figma.
Differential employees are those who:
- Communicate effectively with clients and teammates
- Are self-motivated
- Learn quickly and relentlessly
- Curious about technology and the impact it can make on the world
- Enjoy taking ownership and responsibility for their work
- Enjoy collaborating with others on problems
Candidates must be based in the United States, and be available for meetings during standard business hours for client and team meetings. Specific times vary based on client-specific timezone preferences. There is flexibility in working hours but there is an expectation to be able to regularly attend client and team meetings.