Zoomforth is like Squarespace for Enterprise. We help professionals design and manage beautiful websites. Big companies love us because their sites are consistently branded, accessible by a tightly controlled audience, and we provide great support. Their employees love us because they can use a WYSIWYG editor to create, edit, and publish with ease.
Founded in 2013, we have a stable and growing base of big-name customers who love us. We're looking for engineers who are passionate about the quality of the product they build. We strive to make our code clean and clear, and our product even cleaner and clearer.
Join a profitable growth-stage startup and work from anywhere, while learning with and from an amazing team. You’ll work with a small team of talented engineers on a well developed code base.
Must be a resident of the US or UK.
No agencies, thank you.
WHY WORK WITH ZOOMFORTH
We continue to modernize our codebase and have constant feedback loops in place. From code reviews to sales calls, you will hear how the features you build impact our customers. We value getting the job done more than the number of hours you’re behind your computer screen. And with a small engineering team, you can help shape the direction of our software and systems.
Our stack is AWS/Linux/MySQL/Python/React. We use modern development tools like Docker, Webpack, and CircleCI.
- Design, implement, and improve our frontend React application, backend Python application, and ancillary systems
- Work with the product team to help determine product direction
- Review and improve other engineer’s code
- Work with engineers to design data models and implement application features.
- Participate in on-call customer support when necessary
- Help maintain and develop infrastructure in AWS cloud services
- We're a small, distributed team—so excellent communication, and a self-motivated work ethic are essential. Bonus if you’re experienced with remote work.
- The desire to work with no hand-holding—i.e., independently research and design software systems based on business needs. Learning new skills along the way as necessary.
- Experience with the systems needed to build and maintain a full web app stack:
- Experience with interpreted web application frameworks. (Python Pyramids preferred)
- SQL Database experience in concurrent applications
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure and cloud resources
- Basic proficiency in CSS
- Writing pragmatic, productive tests
- Using CLI Git and GitHub
- Nice to have skills:
- Docker experience
- High level proficiency in CSS
- Webpack, Babel, ES6
- Linux server management, BASH
- RESTful application design
- AWS infrastructure management, (EC2, Elasticbeanstalk, cloudfront)
- Network debugging
- Network and application security experience
COMPENSATION & LOGISTICS
- $80-$140k based on experience
- Equity options
- Health, medical and dental cover
- Non-matching 401k (or similar)
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Wellness budget of $75 per month
- Protected learning time each month to study whatever you like
- Opportunities for travel and team retreats
- 40 hour working week - flexible hours and no weekend work required
- This is a remote opportunity - work from wherever you like
SCREENING & INTERVIEW PROCESS
1) INITIAL SCREENING
First, we will ask you to complete a couple of questions when you submit your resume / CV.
2) INITIAL INTERVIEW (30 MINS)
This is a 30 minute video call during which we'll want to better understand your experience, strengths, and skillset. You'll also have time to ask us questions about the role and company. This will be a 1:1 interview.
3) TECHNICAL EXERCISE
At this point, we will request that you complete a technical exercise to demonstrate your ability to exercise some of the skills required for this position.
4) TECHNICAL INTERVIEW (60 MINS)
During this second interview, you'll meet with a Senior Engineer to discuss your approach to the exercise.
5) FINAL INTERVIEW (60-90 MINS)
During this final interview, you'll meet with the CEO and a Senior Engineer. We'll dig a bit deeper into your past experience, and ask questions to better understand how you think and work.
Should we reach this point, we'll ask you to provide us with references for the last 5 years.