InterExchange is a nonprofit organization passionate about connecting young people from all over the world with life-changing international exchange opportunities. We want the whole world to understand the importance of cultural exchange and to achieve this mission we constantly strive to improve the systems and processes that power our organization.
To help us further our mission through a best-in-class application platform, we’re looking to hire a well-organized and experienced Product Manager who will provide guidance to other product managers and work with us to build out our product strategy. As our new Product Manager, you will be working with a highly experienced and skilled team of software engineers located in New York, Colorado, and Western Australia, giving you access to a 24-hour development team that can quickly and competently turn ideas into reality and progress our platform even further.
Product Manager Responsibilities:
- Plan project scope and deadlines with Stakeholders
- Discover user requirements through analysis and interviews
- Develop actionable user stories using structured language
- Clarify stories with client liaisons
- Explain and improve stories to software engineers
- Review delivered work to ensure it is functional and matches specifications
- Craft new feature announcements
- Prepare and maintain system documentation
- Perform user training and gather feedback
- Support users through various tools
Our Ideal Product Manager will be experienced with the following:
- Agile software development methodologies
- Prioritization and client management
- Writing user stories and functional requirements
- Managing backlogs in Aha! or equivalent project management tools
- Running inceptions and iteration planning meetings
- Creating documentation and performing user training
Our Ideal Product Manager will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science (or related)
- 3+ years Product Management Experience
- A strong commitment to the importance of cultural exchange
- Passion for technology and the impact it can have on the world
- The ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate staff at all levels
- The ability to think and act strategically and proactively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- The ability to self-motivate and direct, especially in remote environments
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Keen attention to detail
We would love it if our next Product Manager also has:
- Product company experience
- Startup experience
- Enterprise software company experience
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Passion about open source and developer tools
Your first year will be focused on getting you well versed on the organization’s needs and the platform’s current feature sets to assist us in building a first-class platform, you will also manage the prioritization of projects for our product managers and other development streams.
You will report to the Engineering Manager. Who, in conjunction with the CTO and COO, has been working to progress the organization onto our digital platform and optimize the way we do business to prepare us for further expansions of our mission. You will be taking over some of the Engineering Manager's and CTO's current responsibilities in order to ensure that the projects you are managing are given the complete oversight they require.
- Minimum 35 hours a week
- Up to 40 hours a week (depending on project load and seasonality.)
- Monday to Friday; hours flexible, but would love for you to be an early riser to interact with our Australian team!
- Fully remote work
- 35-hour average workweek
- Team culture of sustainable and healthy workloads
- Potential for 4 day weeks depending on hour allocations
- Generous Paid Time Off and Health Time Off package
- Medical and dental insurance
- Optional Pre-Tax Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Educational Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
How To Apply
- Complete our online application and upload a cover letter speaking to why you want to be a part of our team
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job.
InterExchange is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. Any essential function or requirement of this job will be evaluated as necessary should an applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation(s) for the specific disability will be made for the employee or applicant when possible.