We're looking to add a creative and enthusiastic product manager with a passion for web site performance and WordPress. If you're excited about building bleeding edge technology in an ever-changing (and never boring) industry and you're looking for an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed, we encourage you to apply!
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team
and read through our blog posts
to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview
As a Product Manager responsible for Trellis products, Mediavine’s WordPress theme framework that prioritizes pages speed performance.
You’ll help define the goals and future of a product and associated services and utilities to help publishers create highly optimized sights for page speed, user engagement and publisher happiness.
What you’ll do
- Assisting in triage of Support issues as they arise.
- Developing a deep understanding of user experiences for publishers, support team and data team to identify, create or enhance products with the goals of improving productivity and/or increase user satisfaction.
- Answering questions as needed from Support, Engineering, Stakeholders, etc., and serving as the product liaison with leadership.
- Creation and collaboration with Design Team on flow charts, wireframes, and full resolution design efforts.
Product Stakeholders: Maintaining communication with various product rooms; evaluating who should be included as stakeholders during product development to ensure that Mediavine is achieving value for stakeholders.
Support: Consistent communication with Support about products' functional expectations, release schedules; Gathering user concerns and feedback.
Customers: Provide and maintain communication mediums with the goal of gathering, then distilling user feedback to enhance existing or new products.
Engineering: Coordinate with Engineering teams to provide clear, focused objectives and specifications for execution by engineering staff.
QA: Coordinate with QA to provide clear product functionality expectations to create test cases. Assimilate QA feedback into the development process.
- Define and develop product Trellis road maps in primary areas of concern.
- Define clear Product Epics and achievable chunks for engineering teams.
- Conduct regular evaluations of product, market and customer needs to reprioritize / streamline ongoing work.
Research and Analysis:
- Make continued efforts to better understand user needs.
- Conduct regular and ongoing interviews with users to identify potential opportunities for improvement.
- Distill user feedback into tangible steps for product development.
Definition of Expectations:
- Provide documentation of objectives for issues and epics.
- Create and maintain clear documentation ahead of and during meetings.
- Provide regular status updates to stakeholders.
- Interview users to identify areas of opportunity.
- Help craft sprint work plans based on available engineers to assist in productivity.
- Be available to answer questions from work teams as needed.
- Must currently live in the United States
- 2+ Of relevant work in Product Management or related effort
- Experience with effective communication in a remote environment
- Passion for polished user experiences.
- Some experience with publishing on the web, specifically WordPress
- A passion for performance and accessibility.
- Experience with WordPress publishing
- Experience with Page Speed Insights and Web Perf
- Knowledge of common WordPress plugins and features like Gutenberg Blocks
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (remember those?!)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Access to experienced engineers with direct mentorship opportunities
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations
- Salary: $75,000+