You’re an experienced product owner with energy in spades. You know how to manage the full product lifecycle and relish the full scope of getting involved in strategy, all the way through to being hands-on and doing.
You are passionate about taking a data-driven approach to product development and are fluent in creating and using metrics in your decision making and success tracking. Able to work closely with technical teams and senior managers alike, you are used to acting as the lynchpin that brings together the different teams in order to get a product delivered.
Ruthlessly self-organised, driven and a doer, you are known as being reliable. People enjoy working with you, as you get things done, and elevate the offering through a combination of skill, energy and will.
In short, you are good at what you do and love doing it. You may be in a role where it seems like there is no progression or development available to you, and you are looking for your next adventure. You want to be a part of something at the beginning of an exciting growth phase, and you are looking to take the product lead on that journey.
You want to work as part of a senior leadership team, but predominantly want to stay hands-on in a standalone role, like this, you realise, is where the magic happens.
And who knows, you may even be a lover of classic cars! ☺ (no probs if you’re not, we just know there are a lot of you out there)
About the role
This is a senior leadership role with Car & Classic. Working closely with the Director of Engineering, the Head of Sales, Head of Growth and the COO, you will be a key figure in the ongoing growth and journey we are on.
It is a standalone product management role, meaning you will be delivering on the nuts and bolts of product management, as well as strategizing on the product direction. People who like to do just strategy and think need not apply, as there is decent work to be done creating and embedding solid product management practices alongside our awesome Director of Engineering. Day to day you’ll own the product strategy, roadmap & specifications, regularly switching between long term strategy & day to day operations.
You will also be able to tap into the awesome Product resource within Cazana, having a line of communication into the Chief Product Officer there to empower you to deliver above and beyond your standalone remit, as well as get crucial personal development. This is a complementary part of the role, however, and it is important to be clear that you will remain the lead on all things product in Car & Classic.
You will be reporting into the COO, however, will be expected to be fully autonomous and self-managing. This is a stand-alone role that will require your initiative and leadership, so you will be expected to take charge of your own role, performance, reporting and results. Chris will be there to approve your holidays, make sure you are doing ok, help you where you need and just show you the love. ☺
You will also have a line of communication into the Chief Product Officer over at Cazana, as well as the wider Cazana Product team.
Role and responsibilities
Your main roles will be:
- Feature prioritisation and backlog management
- Product specifications
- Product strategy planning
- Wider stakeholder influencing and management
- Being the voice of the customer (B2B and B2C)
- Aligning product strategy with larger Car & Classic goals
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Competitive salary (disclosed at the first stage)
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- The ability to work where and when you want in order to get the job done (remote and flexible working welcome)
- A central London office and meeting space to use when you need it
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
- Access to free personal/ professional coaching via a trained internal coach
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday, all bank holidays off and any period of closure over Christmas also paid.
- Learning and training supported
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up that is disrupting a huge (£34Bn annual) industry.
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- A track record of being able to effectively measure the success or failure of the features you create
- A track record of managing the product design process
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strategic thinking capacity and desire with a ‘let’s get it done attitude
- A high level of self-esteem and confidence, coupled with a low sense of self-ego
- A track record of effectively managing expectations and requests from multiple teams
- An appreciation and passion for a data-based approach to Product Development & Management, coupled with a track record in taking this approach.
- A clear, demonstrable understanding of product metrics for B2C platforms
- Experience managing products serving thousands or millions of users per month
- Experience working across teams (growth/marketing, engineering, and sales)
- Experience using data analysis tools and platforms
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- Experience running two-sided marketplaces
- Experience in expanding a website internationally
- A knowledge or passion for cars
- GA (Google Analytics) and GO (Google Optimize, A/B testing) knowledge
- Marketing or engineering knowledge/experience
- Knowledge surrounding vehicle ownership
- Multi-variate testing experience