This role is only available to any person that can work freely in EU or UK without the need of a work permit. We offer Full Time Employment if applicant is resident of UK, Bulgaria or Malta, or a Full Time Contract if person is a resident of any other EU country.
You could say, we build software and data solutions. Because we do.
But we build them for people. People who need to solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better. And change is hard, particularly at scale. Our customers need us to help them compete and survive - to innovate, support them as they take risks and care as much about value as they do. Success is not just about completing a set of requirements to time and budget. Success is about creating enduring, collaborative human relationships that explore value and risk and above all, contribute to meaningful organisational change.
When we are building products with customers, we let them tell us what success looks like. It makes our job harder, but ultimately, we want to succeed on their terms. This is empathy.
There are a thousand of businesses that develop software. We need to tear up the extra miles, fuelled by the responsibility of bringing new concepts and ideas to life for our customers, creating momentum, continuously learning and improving, never satisfied with 'good enough'. This is energy.
When we exceed expectations and surprise and delight users, everyone wins. Creating 'wow' moments for customers should be a priority for us in any engagement. We need to think big if we are going to help customers create impact. This is audacity.
This is Ascent.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We think that the Product Owner is the most important delivery role in our business, connecting our teams to the customer’s product vision and business priorities. They effectively own customer value, ensuring our work delivers transformational, high impact outcomes. They are crucial to project success
A day in the life of a Product Owner:
- Articulate value and impact for the customer at a product, technical and organisational level, giving customers confidence in our ability to understand their strategic context
- Develop very strong working relationships with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders to determine and clarify requirements, work priorities and scope
- Create delivery roadmaps based on business priorities with a reliable release strategy and schedule
- Break down complex problems into clear, simplified backlog work items that deliver demonstrable customer value as early as possible
- Prioritise across different domains (UX, technical and business) to maximise product value
- Steer our delivery effort against agreed customer success metrics, understanding dependencies, risks and impact
- Ensure our teams are consistently equipped with the right information to deliver high quality outcomes
- Define, analyse and react to product metrics (such as Analytics, A/B testing, Pirate metrics) to steer development direction
In this role, you will apply your expertise across a set of interesting customers, diverse sectors and complex challenges, on both major transformations (typically 6-18 months) and smaller scope engagements. This is an opportunity to develop your career in an ambitious, modern business that is committed to delivering measurable customer impact with leading edge tech.
You will have at least 5 years of experience working with Agile software delivery teams as a product owner or in a similar role, with a consultative background or a real desire to be customer-facing.
From a team alignment perspective, it is important that you:
- Are comfortable with emergent design principles
- Believe in MVP-first and fail-fast approaches, building and proving hypotheses with user feedback
- Understand the difference between Agile, Scrum and Kanban
A CSPO or similar certification will be considered a valuable asset. Experience in the following disciplines is desirable: software development, change management, business transformation.
Excellent communication skills (written and spoken English) are essential. Experience working in other geographies or markets and fluency in a second language is also desirable.
Successful candidates will be:
- Intuitive collaborators – finding common ground, driving forward an agenda and building effective relationships internally and externally
- Great planners who constantly thinks ahead about the needs of the customer and the team
- Mature and broad minded, able to ‘read’ and weigh-up complex situations and others’ motivations
- Experienced problem-solvers, with the judgement and decisiveness to make things happen
- A strong voice with clear opinions and ability to cut through to the points that matter
- Comfortable developing senior relationships with both customers and colleagues.
If you have any questions contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.