Who are we?
Kuali builds software solutions for higher education. We help our customers — colleges & universities — focus on providing a fantastic education to students by decreasing their administrative costs. We work in a competitive space, ripe for innovation, with users ready to be delighted.
- Iterate to evolve
- Cultivate openness
- Act with accountability
- Assume the best
- Practice humility
- Deliver amazing experiences
- Make mistakes
As team members at Kuali, we learn from and teach each other, we practice transparency and empathy, and we delight in delivering value to our customers.
We work remotely, and have for years. Distributed work is in our bones, with a history of institutions working across state lines on open-source software for more than ten years. Our employees each work in the environment where they’re happiest, from Pennsylvania to Hawaii. We work consciously to create a collaborative and healthy remote work culture, and we travel to meet in person a few times each year.
Everyone should love their work.
Who are you?
We’re looking for a curious, enthusiastic engineer to implement and support our Kuali Financials product for the colleges and universities we serve. The Financials product serves customers with varying administrative processes, some of which require very specific solutions (due to, for example, differing state legal requirements).
As a Product Support Engineer, you’ll take a hands-on approach to solving problems for customers within their customized product implementations. You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining solutions for these customers and their unique requirements. Sometimes these requirements should drive a new feature in the base product, and sometimes they shouldn’t. As you learn more about our customers and our product, you’ll thoughtfully consider these questions, prompt these conversations, and help drive these decisions.
You’ll collaborate with our Customer Success team to learn customers’ needs, and with our Product team to understand the direction and ongoing development of the base product. You’ll anticipate the impact of this continual evolution on the customized implementations we maintain and coordinate pragmatic responses.
- Have 5+ years of experience building and maintaining enterprise software in Java.
- Have experience working on web applications and an understanding of the full stack.
- Are passionate about your role in helping customers achieve their missions, and ready to dig in and solve problems.
- Are a thoughtful communicator and skilled collaborator. You listen and ask the right questions to understand a customer’s needs, and you can effectively represent your ideas across functions of your team.
We’d be delighted if you bring any experience with:
- Maven overlays and/or customized applications
- Infrastructure and AWS Services
- The higher education community
We believe the best products are created by teams who represent a broad range of ideas and perspectives. We value employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Top-of-the-line equipment of your choice to get your job done
- A truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Maternity/Parental leave
- All the paid time off you need (just work it out with your manager)
- Allowance for continuing education, conferences, and/or training
- Space to work on self-driven projects during “hack time”
- Employee resource groups and community events