is an award winning sales tax automation platform, empowering over 20,000 businesses to sell online by calculating, collecting, and filing sales tax correctly. We are a high growth company with the goal of making e-commerce easier for everyone.
We stand by our core values in everything we do:
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We’re a team, built on trust
- We’re proud to be remote
- We’re in control of our own destiny
Want to know more about the makeup of our team?
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We have an immediate opening on the Professional Support Team for those who want to help us make e-commerce easier for everyone.
*This is a full-time remote position based in the US only.
As a Support Analyst for Professional, you will:
- Provide on-going support for Professional customers who have been on-boarded
- Establish working partnerships with customers
- Enjoy spending time on calls, listening and talking to customers
- Manage customer inquiries against the contractually agreed SLA
- Be able to understand the features and needs that are important for each customer and their business
- Work with Account Managers to identify key Professional accounts
- Work across teams and provide thoughtful workarounds for customers using excellent communication skills to explain any pros and cons to the customer
- Enjoy finding solutions and troubleshooting Tier 1 integrations and API issues
- Track Professional customer requests and trending issues, and be thoughtful about what is most important to Professional customers and how we can best support them
- Share feedback with the Professional team based on customer interactions to improve the product and on-boarding experience
- Be knowledgeable about the near term roadmap and able to speak to it with customers
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Strong customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex topics into simple language that can be easily understood by customers without sales tax knowledge
- Keen ability to dig into issues that are unfamiliar and report findings in a logical, organized manner
- Ability to investigate an issue thoroughly, document any findings, and see it through to completion
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with professionalism and care
- Tech-savvy and able to learn new software quickly, efficiently, and effectively
- Have experience working with APIs and e-commerce software
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks as they arise
For this role, we’re looking for people who:
- Are based in the US
- Value working remotely and thrive in that environment
- Excel at communication and collaboration
- Highly value working with people they like and respect
- Are self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Are open, accountable, and very receptive to feedback
- Are confident with their skills and who love being part of a team (we’re peers here, no egos please) but are also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are positive and an exceptional team player - hungry, humble, and empathetic.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation
- Company holidays, plus mandatory Birthday holiday
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees
- 4 hours volunteer time per month
- Biannual all-company in person summits (paid for by us, of course!)
- $250 Home office stipend
- 401k Plan
- Equity in a profitable company
- Monthly perks reimbursement to appreciate your teammates, Netflix, Amazon Prime, gym membership, home internet etc.
for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.