With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
The QA Automation Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the test automation platform in addition to maintaining standards and contributing to our test coverage both directly and through QA enablement.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Use existing tooling to write tests to improve coverage of critical components.
- Build out automation frameworks to help integrate automated tests seamlessly into current development process.
- Build and maintain test environments and provisioning automation.
- Propose, design and deploy new tooling. eg. SonarQube, SauceLabs, BlazeMeter, etc.
- Propose, design and deploy tools to enable other features including performance testing, fuzz testing, network failure testing.
- Work with real world problems faced in scaling the business, suggest innovations/enhancements and work with team in implementing and rolling them out.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team in order to improve testing standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production and test environment issues across multiple levels of the stack.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 6+ years of relevant software testing experience in fast paced environments
- Knowledge of one or more languages like: Python, Go, Java, Nodejs, Ruby
- Proficient with Python, Flask and collaborative tools like Git
- Experience with automation frameworks like: Selenium, Cucumber/Gherkin, Gauge
- Experience with build tools like: Jenkins, CircleCI, or GitLab
- Experience automating tests for REST APIs
- Experience performance testing web applications (JMeter, Gatling)
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Desire to work remotely and make an impact in a fast paced team
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a 'winning as a team' attitude
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience desired