Hopin is the first all-in-one live online events platform where attendees can learn, interact, and connect with people from anywhere in the world.
Our mission: Better connections, better planet.
The event industry is massive, but there are two major problems with it: environmental damage and inaccessibility. Billions of people around the world attend thousands of events every year, but not everyone has the ability to participate in events and every event has a carbon footprint. At Hopin, our mission is to address both of these issues by providing a sustainable solution that is accessible to everyone.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit's Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
Hopin is seeking a QA Engineer who is self-driven, passionate and ambitious! We're looking for someone with strong experience testing software, analyze requirements, and ensuring overall product quality. You will also be working very closely with everyone on the team, so strong communication skills are essential.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We're currently a team of 40, and you will be directly reporting to the Tech Lead.
- Manually test features and bug fixes
- Ensure developed code is thoroughly and accurately tested before released to production
- Assess test coverage and build integration and end-to-end tests, using Cypress and Ghost Inspector, to minimize regression and improve overall confidence in the codebase
- Abide by QA best practices and create notes and SOPs so others can assist with QA
- Build and manage a prioritized QA backlog
- Build and implement tools and processes that will improve our development operations
- Work closely with product and engineering to design and execute testing plans for new features
- 4+ years QA Engineering experience
- Deep understanding of the QA testing process and best practices
- Ability to test software with clients' needs and wants in mind
- Knowledge of software development processes
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with software engineers, analyze technical requirements, and create test cases
- At least a basic knowledge of at least one OO language (Java, Kotlin and PHP preferred)
- Great attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
- You embrace a dynamic and fast paced environment. You have experience balancing multiple projects and priorities.
- Passionate about process and structure
- Experience managing tasks and projects
- Skilled problem-solver and critical thinker
- A self-starter who is highly self-motivated
- Accustomed to critical thinking
- Always questioning implicit assumptions
Nice to have:
- Some experience with SQL databases
- Experience with GitHub
- A basic familiarity with *nix systems (being able to work with: nano/vi, grep, cat, tail, env variables)
- A familiarity with mocking tools
- An understanding of Postman or similar tool
A competitive starting salary for this role with opportunity for bonuses as we scale, as well as equity. We are currently a remote team and are open to remote applications from all over the world. However, if you’re based in London you can work with the Founder, Ops and the Tech Lead in the heart of Shoreditch.