We are seeking an expert quality engineer that works closely with engineers to ensure the highest quality models and oversees releases for best customer experience.
This position is responsible for features quality and release. Daily work involves understanding customer usage, being part of feature design development, creating test plans, executing test plans and reporting to stakeholders.
You will need to learn and understand our product at a high level of detail and coordinate with developers and the business team in the execution.
What You'll Do
- Lead software test projects
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain manual tests and test data
- Reviewing and analyzing results of test cases and exercises
- Analyze failures and collaborate with Software Engineers to ensure root cause is investigated
- Drive efficiencies to improve process and technical implementations Preparing documentation summarizing test results and providing clear status reports
- Communicating with developers on and business team clients on specific application issues
- Prioritizing QA issues and facilitate issue resolution
- Working with product or project managers to establish timing and ensure timely completion of QA elements
- Work in close collaboration with software developers and other test engineers to produce high quality products
- Developing and maintain QA guidelines and process documentation
What We're Looking For
- Minimum 2 years QA experience on web applications in multi-application production environments
- Experience with more than one types of testing, for example, regression testing, ad hoc testing, feature testing, security testing, user interface testing, integration testing, performance testing, and/or user acceptance testing, etc
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- These skills are a not required but are a plus:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability and willingness to look into code bases outside ones direct responsibility to identify potential failure points
- Extensive experience with the Agile methodology and frequent releases
- Experience in multi-platform testing and multi-browser testing
- Experience with quality assurance metrics and reporting
- Experience in running and maintaining automated tests
- Experience with database queries
- Experience in working with logging systems
- Passion for Chili Piper Values of Help, Innovate, Have Fun
- Thrive in a fast pace environment with ability to prioritize and multi-task on the fly
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strategic thinking for troubleshooting problems
- Self motivated and self-directed; Fast learner
- Strong English communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in which the requirements are not always well defined and priorities change frequently
- Strong attention to detail and documentation
- Comfortable in supporting and working with global customers across many time zones
How We Work
Freedom and flexibility. We’re a 100% distributed team working from around the world. Our team members can work from wherever they want in the world, as long as they show up on our weekly all hands meeting on Zoom.
Solve interesting problems. The software landscape has exploded. There are dozens of solutions for each problem. We want to be different. We come up with new angles on existing problems or invent better solutions to help companies with their sales and marketing. Then we turn these ideas into beautiful, smart software.
Autonomy and ownership. Working on a distributed team means you don’t have someone micromanaging you or looking over your shoulder to make sure you’re getting things done. We’re a team of do-ers who take full ownership for their results.
Be helpful. Our first value as a company is help. Help our customers be successful. Help our prospects get the right information and make the right decision whether or not it includes our products. Help our team members reach their full potential.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Company Offered 401k Plan
- Generous Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- WeWork membership so you can work from anywhere
- Any equipment/software/tech that you need to do your job