Greenback Expat Tax Services is a company that specializes in preparing tax returns for Americans living overseas. We are a highly energetic, positive, resourceful team working virtually across the globe. We believe that executional excellence is the key to success. We are currently seeking a Director of Marketing that can manage our new customer acquisition and customer experience end to end for the business.
This role will have three direct reports: Marketing Operations Manager, Marketing Product Manager, and New Customer Acquisition + Brand Manager, as well as freelance specialists in areas of web development, design, SEO, etc.
What You Will Do:
In collaboration with the CEO and the COO/Integrator, and supported by a high energy and talented team, the Director of Marketing will be 100% in charge of all the marketing activities for our business. You’d be responsible for crafting and then executing against marketing campaigns that help us acquire new customers and retain them year over year. If that sounds like a challenge that excites you, read on!
Using a mix of tried-and-tested practices, your creative ideas, and digital marketing prowess, the Director of Marketing will create marketing campaigns to help us GROW! Our current growth is already impressive, so imagine what you can do at the helm! The types of channels we use now are SEO, SEM, social media, email marketing, webinars, PR, and partnerships. You need to not only be able to constantly tweak and improve on what we already do but also think bigger - looking for ways to really stand out and above a crowded landscape of tax preparers and find a way to make the Greenback brand shine and really strut our stuff, to show expats why we’re the best tax preparer in the market!
You LOVE and admire brand strategy and marketing!
- You’d be the brand advocate, ensuring that Greenback as a business is widely known and recognized as the most loved and admired US expat tax preparer firm. This means not just having a beautiful, high performing website, and exemplary presence on social media and across the web, but also ensuring we are constantly adding value to the expat community and contributing as good global citizens.
Inbound marketing comes naturally to you- you know funnels, buyer personas, and geek out on using data to always be improving.
- Attract traffic to our site and our brand.
- Convert that site traffic into new leads, prospects, or registrations, depending on what stage of the marketing funnel they are in.
- Nurture that interest into paid customers.
- Ensure that their experience is first class from the moment they begin tax prep with us to the day their return is filed with the IRS.
- Rinse and repeat!
You can execute with grace, juggling multiple channels, freelancers, and team members without breaking a sweat.
- Great ideas are one thing, but excellence in execution is what makes them generate value. You are someone who can execute via others or on your own, who can motivate a team of employees and freelancers, who can hire and manage freelance talent, and can make things happen.
You’re a technical genius and organized to a fault.
- You’ll spend a lot of time making things happen in Salesforce, Marketing Automation platforms, WordPress, and measuring it all via Google Analytics. We as a business embrace data and love measurement (things that measured get managed), so you’d need to not just be out there making things happen, but also be able to manage a budget, to a set of KPIs and always be using data to make decisions and improvements.
You’re independent, a team player, and like a challenge.
- We’re looking for someone who’s a great fit for our company culture. We’re a small, tight-knit team, all of us working remotely from home offices. We’re growing fast (check us out on the INC 5000 list - woohoo!). We’re obsessive about customer experience, believe that planning is the key to success, and like to work hard and make things happen, but also live our lives outside of the (home) office too! We’re looking for someone who is confident, reliable, an excellent communicator, loves working in a fast-paced team, and is able to get things done with minimal supervision (we don’t like looking over your shoulder and don’t think you’d like that either).
You’re excited to get under the skin of our customer's needs (US taxes and living abroad).
- We don’t expect you to be an accountant (and in fact, don’t want that, you need to think like our customers), but you will need to learn and become a subject matter expert on US expat taxes. Similarly, you need to be able to put yourself in the shoes of our customers, expats who have a broad range of emotions about living abroad (Excited? Nervous? Miss home? Love to travel!) but all are universally frustrated and confused by their expat tax obligations.
Time zone: we’re looking for someone who is in a fixed time zone +/- 3 hours from EST. We’re not looking for long term travelers/people who aren’t in the same time zone most of the year.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity for you to work with highly talented, communicative, make-it-happen people who also love adventures.
- A seat on our leadership team long term.
- Very generous time-off policy - in 2020, we have 16 company paid holidays and a take-what-you-need policy on time off.
- 4 weeks of Paid Parental Leave at 100% of your salary!
- We have an excellent benefits package that includes a 401k plan (with company match), medical, vision, and dental coverage (We pay 75% of your premium), and short term disability (We cover 100% of the cost)!
- This role will work hand in hand with the CEO/COO, so you’ll get lots of access to mentorship.
- Annual team trip (this year: San Diego, last year: Playa del Carmen, Mexico)
Greenback makes life better for Americans living abroad and aims to take away the anxiety and hassle of helping US expats become and stay compliant with their US taxes while overseas.
- We cherish feedback and consider it a gift to each other and from our customers.
- We build trust by providing a painless tax preparation experience that our customers can’t help but tell their friends, family, and expat communities about us.
- We make decisions quickly and effectively using data with customer needs always in the forefront of our minds.
- We strive for simplicity and seek to continually improve processes both internally and externally.
- We think and strategize like a large company while maintaining the heart, passion, and pace of a small company.
- We understand that expat taxes are not one size fits all and provide confidence to our customers through our deep expertise in expat tax.
- We believe that detailed planning and flawless execution are critical for a smooth-running operation.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards and we are accountable for the success of our role within the business. Being accountable includes an obligation to make things better, to pursue excellence, and to do things in ways that further the goals of the business.
- We approach each day and the new challenges it brings with a positive attitude, an open mind, and a can-do spirit! We celebrate and honor each other's contributions proactively.