We’re looking for a statistical disclosure control (SDC) software specialist (full-time or part-time) to help build our core expertise in the discipline and to shape our product Cantabular
Key things to know about this job:
- supporting our technical team in designing approaches to SDC
- supporting our work with large enterprise customers like the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and other statistical institutes and agencies
- participating and speaking at international conferences
- writing technical papers
- must be within a 2 hour flight to Belfast, Northern Ireland
Your skills are:
- have a working knowledge of SDC methods and algorithms
- educated to degree level
- at least 2 years experience within the field
- a level of proficiency or keen enthusiast with stats packages: e.g R, SAS, Python
- an ability to interpret and describe the latest SDC methods
- an ability to install and experiment with commercial and open source SDC software
- ability to convey your ideas in written and verbal forms
You’ll be responsible for:
- identifying use cases and associated SDC feature requirements
- creating a knowledge bank on SDC from across the world
- analysing existing SDC software
- documenting algorithms
- finding the highest value events to talk about our SDC software
- installing and configuring software on Windows and Linux including in the cloud, e.g. on AWS
Facts about The Sensible Code Company
- we use lots of Go, Python, AWS, Docker and more.
- we all have balanced lives, exact working times are flexible.
- we offer a generous 30 days plus public holidays (38 total).
- we are centred in Belfast with a remote team across the UK.
to €75,000 based on experience and pro-rata for part-time
To apply, send the following:
- It would be nice to see a sample of any code you’ve written either as an attachment, or a link to a repository;
- Your CV;
- Your telephone number.
How to apply
Closing date July 31st, 2020