SnapCell is a place where your work will make an impact. We are a small (20 person) company, remotely distributed across multiple countries. The engineering team is just 4 people — So the work you do day-to-day will affect the trajectory of the entire business.
We are looking to add a Ruby on Rails Developer to our team.
Your job will mainly consist of creating scalable, production-ready code for new features. We are cognizant of crafting an environment where you will be left with as little distraction as possible to do what you do best — write code!
- Ruby on Rails / Postgres / Heroku / AWS / Bootstrap
- You must be willing to work with at least six hours of overlap with the 9am to 5pm EST timezone.
- You should have at least 3 years experience working with Ruby on Rails, as well as comfort with the usual: REST APIs, Postgres, AWS, Heroku, Gems, etc
- You should have a basic level of comfort harnessing Bootstrap to layout the Front-End portions of new features (You aren’t expected to be a designer of course, but should be able to look at how similar UI elements were implemented on other pages in the app and layout new elements in a way that is consistent).
- Our code base is fairly clean, but automated-tests don’t yet exist for 100% of features. You’ll need to be comfortable in an environment where you need to think about how the code you write could potentially break things — our test framework won’t catch everything.
- You should enjoy the fast pace and hustle of a growing startup
To apply, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Years of Rails experience, and years of coding experience (if different)
- Where you are based
- Expected salary range
- Resume & LinkedIn profile