A sales role, but perhaps not as you know it.
The past few months have seen a lot of teams go remote. Here at DataBees, we’ve been doing it for years.
You’re working on your own timeline, with a flexible schedule and freedom to be creative in your approach, likely from a beach or a nice cafe - wherever you want to be at that moment.
Your morning consists of waking up, taking time for a relaxed breakfast and maybe even that run you never had time for before because of your commute, before settling down in the sunshine to reply to emails, strategize and coordinate projects with the rest of the team. Later in the day you head to a quiet space to take calls with prospects & customers.
That’s what a typical day in the life of a DataBee looks like.
As our second sales hire, you will be part of a small, dynamic team working with sales & marketing leaders at some of the best start-ups and SaaS companies in the world. You will handle the whole sales process from start to finish, building pipeline and closing deals.
You don’t have to start from scratch with a rubbish product, no customers and no semblance of a sales process. We have a working sales engine that we’re looking to refine and scale alongside a number of top tier customers.
You’ll also have a team of lead researchers at your disposal who will be on hand to handle all of the prospecting research you need. Whilst there will be an expectation for you to do some outbound prospecting, you’ll also have a reasonable number of meetings booked for you by our lead generation team. We will equip you with everything you need to be successful, including a budget for self development and access to top sales training.
If you think this sounds like a lifestyle you’d enjoy and you’re ready to join a small, fast growing team, come join our hive…
We are looking for a self motivated sales & business development professional to join us as our second sales hire. You will work closely with the CEO & head of sales to exceed our growth goals and drive new business.
Sales is not just part of this role, it is the lifeblood of our product and everything we do, because of this prior sales or sales development experience is a must. You will be energetic, curious & positive, with a hunter mentality and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Who are we?
DataBees helps sales and marketing organizations prospect smarter, become more human in their outreach and drive productivity across their teams.
We do so by outsourcing all the lead research, list building and time intensive data processing that goes into outbound activity. Allowing them to focus 100% of their time on growing revenue.
We’re self-funded, profitable and growing sustainably. We work 100% remotely, with a small and globally distributed team all of whom work efficiently, take ownership and have a great respect for each other.
- Take ownership of & exceed a monthly new business goal
- Refine and scale our existing outbound sales process
- Build pipeline, coordinate trials and close deals
- Work closely with customer success to onboard customers
- Work closely with our CEO and head of sales to increase average deal sizes
- Work cross functionally to improve our product offering
- Self start and execute any other projects you feel would benefit DataBees!
- A minimum of 1.5 years of B2B sales experience
- Track record of achieving and exceeding targets
- A high level of business acumen and understanding of how start-ups and SaaS businesses operate
- Energetic, self motivated and positive
- Curiosity - you want to know about your prospects, understand what’s going on in their organizations and help them to the best of your ability
- Outstanding levels of written and verbal English
- Independent but coachable
- Proactive and a fast learner
- Ideally based in Europe
- Willingness to work flexible, non-traditional hours (evening work will be required to speak with US based prospects and customers)
- Experience working with/selling to sales and marketing teams
- Experience selling to SaaS businesses and start-ups, ideally, selling subscription based products/services and closing deals of between $1-10K MRR with sales cycles of 3/4 weeks
- Experience in a sales development role. Whilst this isn’t a sales development job, a lot of our end users are SDRs and an understanding of the role and the challenges they face will help immensely
- Prior experience working remotely
- Entrepreneurial experience will be looked on favorably, after all, we’re a small company and our team often end up wearing many hats
- Pre-existing invoicing structure, especially in the beginning
- Experience with Outreach.io, Asana, Trello & Sales Navigator
- Ideal role for an expat or someone looking to take their life nomadic
What we offer:
- Freedom and creativity: tell us what you’d like to work on and do it!
- Flexibility: as long as you take ownership of your responsibilities and ensure that you overlap with the rest of the team enough to get things done, your schedule is flexible
- Work from wherever you want: when we say remote work, we mean it. Over the past 12 months our team has travelled across Europe: Madrid, Budapest, Bratislava, Paris, Alicante & London to name a few
- Opportunity to work with and learn from a hard working, high achieving team, whilst also being small enough for you to have a big impact
- Budget for self development and access to leading sales training
- 3 weeks paid holiday
- Negotiable salary & competitive commission structure
How to apply…
If you think you have the skills to excel in this role, please send your resume to email@example.com
with the subject: “Sales @ DataBees”, along with your LinkedIn profile. Make sure you tell us why you think you’ll be a fit for the role and why you want to join our team, please also include answers to the following questions:
- You’re being asked to help a customer build a list of eCommerce companies based in the US that sell household items & use Shopify. How would you suggest we find such organizations?
- If you could build anything, what would it be?
- Recommend us a book and tell us why you chose it!
Lastly, we’d like to see you in action. Try and sell DataBees to us, remember, we work with sales teams! Hint: all our email addresses follow the same format..