At Red Van Workshop, we are specialists in eCommerce system design, architecture, integration, development, and implementation. We work with some of the best known retailers in the world, so expectations are high - but we work smart and treat our people right. We are a dispersed company, so your geographic location within the US is not critical: your office is your choice.
Developers at RVW are self-starters and self-motivating, which is very important because our people have the freedom to lead and own the development for client projects and sites. Our developers represent the Red Van Workshop brand in both quality and attitude. With great freedom comes great responsibility.
Responsibilities - You will:
- Produce excellent code while collaborating with internal development resources at the client.
- Partner with other Red Vanners for QA, Project Management, and troubleshooting development issues.
- Participate in stand-up meetings, conference calls, track your time, and work through tickets assigned to you within a Jira instance. Lots of tickets.
- Work remotely with the distributed team at Red Van as well as client resources, being available during business hours.
- Act with urgency and professionalism when interfacing with client resources. Don’t worry, our PMs handle the primary communication with clients.
Skills and Experience needed for success:
- Significant experience architecting and shipping well-performing, cross-browser, responsive, customer-facing, Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly known as Demandware) sites (with or without frameworks, such as React, Angular, or Ember.js).
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently..
- Experience working as part of a small, focused team acting as the primary technical expert and advocate.
- Appreciation for web standards and accessibility (e.g. WCAG Standards, screenreader support, semantic HTML).
- Excitement to play a critical role in driving technical initiatives to enhance end-user and developer experience.
Perks and Benefits:
- Work fully remote
- Comprehensive benefits and health coverage
- Annual bonus
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and time off to volunteer
- Paid leave for new parents
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Recurring stipend to upgrade your home office and equipment
Applicants must be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States of America, and be fluent in written and verbal English.
Recruiting and staffing firms will not be considered.