What is Silktide?
At Silktide we solve complex problems that help increase the quality of the web, including ensuring users with disabilities are able to use the web equally.
We cover almost every aspect of an organization’s web presence, including content, accessibility, marketing, mobile, social, speed, and legal compliance.
Our platform makes an organization’s web team perform more effectively by taking the pain out of identifying and resolving issues on their website.
What makes us unique is that we don’t just provide software to our customers. We work with them to educate their team on complex topics such as web accessibility.
We heavily promote an open culture
. Every member of our team keeps a Slack journal to log their thoughts, work, and ideas. Everyone can read these. Want to know exactly what your CEO is working on? Done.
Freedom is key to Silktide. We’ll give you the freedom to choose your work, your tech, your working hours, and of course, your location! We don’t clock in and out, in fact, we don’t check your hours. As long as your work is done, that’s good enough for us.
We’re growing fast and want ambitious, honest, trustworthy people to join our team.
What will you be doing?
If you’re keen to be on the front-line of making the web a better place, Silktide is right for you.
As an Account Executive at Silktide you’ll be central to our growth and one of the initial points of contact with our customers.
You’ll work with a territory SDR who’ll fill your pipeline with qualified leads. You’ll demonstrate our web governance platform to prospects and help them on their way to improving the quality of their website.
As an early member of this team in a new territory, you will also be working to develop best practices and build out a sales process we can scale.
You should join us if:
- You are passionate about improving the quality of the world wide web
- You thrive on excellence, autonomy, and rebellion
- You have 3+ years of sales experience (preferably in SaaS)
- You have a good understanding of technology
- You are a do-er, creator, “make it happen-er”
- You have experience giving one-on-one sales presentations via remote video/screen sharing
- You can take the initiative to identify and solve problems with urgency
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are ambitious, with the desire to learn the sales process from start to finish
- You are someone that will speak up when something is not right
- You have a knack for asking great questions to uncover a prospect’s issues and pain points
You should not join us if:
- You shy away from fast-paced environments
- You are worried about telling your boss he is wrong
- You value stability in product and company, over change and fast growth
- You need someone to tell you exactly what to do
- Someone would need to teach you how to connect to a wi-fi network, or how to Google something
- You don’t like lofty goals
Where is Silktide going?
Silktide has recently expanded into the US market after huge success in the UK. We don’t want to double in size each year – that’s far too slow! We’re ambitious and have rapid expansion goals!
The market we are in is huge… all businesses of all sizes have a website. We hope you are as excited as we are about this!
2021 will be a strong year for Silktide and we want you to be a part of this.
Where will you work?
It’s up to you. Want to sip drinks in the Bahamas whilst making a sale? Go for it! Want to work in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, sure!
We are a remote-first company. This was a deliberate choice because we value work-life balance and hate sitting in traffic.
Silktide doesn’t dictate where you work, we only ask you to have a good internet connection to be able to perform your job.
What you will get in return?
- Flexibility to work wherever you like, whenever you like
- 3 weeks paid holiday + public holidays
- Health insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- $100,000 USD OTE (50% base / 50% commission) – UNCAPPED
- Choice of your own laptop + a home office budget
- Training budget
- Silktime – get paid for a week each year to learn whilst not focusing on regular duties
- Development opportunities – we are growing quickly which opens plenty of doors for career development
- Work for an inspiring, people-centric company that is working to improve the quality of the web
Interested? Apply on our website.
Whilst this position is remote, we are only seeking US based staff at the moment.